Sunday, 8 May 2016

Relax



I must admit that I spent most of today on this project, but I just love to turn MDF items into unique decorative items for my home. And when I found these Dovecraft MDF letters on the Glitter Pot website there was no holding back. They just appeared to be perfect for the new First Edition Deco Mache papers by Trimcraft.

Other products I used were First Edition dies, First Edition textured cardstock and some paper roses and rosebuds.

Initially I tried to cover the front and back with another section of decoupage paper and to then work on the sides. But I got neater results by using small sections of decoupage paper, really soaking them with adhesive on the letters and then smoothing them into shape. It is without a doubt messier, but I feel that it was worth fingers covered in Deco Mache glue and the 'clean-up work' at the end (and yes, I still peeled off small sections of adhesive from my fingers and nails hours later).

A full product list and step-by-step instructions are again in my Trimcraft gallery.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A fab result from your hard work :-)

Unknown said...

Fabulous project Heike. I love the addition of paper flowers. I end up in a terrible gluey mess when I decoupage! Cathy x

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful. Love Alison xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful project. Alison x

Carol S. said...

Wow!! Stunning letters and beautifully decorated. They are so pretty and love the colours. Hugs, Carol S.xx

julie_woolston said...

Absolutely beautiful Heike lovely colours .
Hugs Julie xxx