
Do you like to incorporate Scottish images into your crafts? They are not only great for patriotic Scots and holiday keepsakes, but also brilliant for elegant cards in general. Some images make good focal points for quirky cards.
Today I would like to give you a sneak peek on a new stamps by Crafty Stamps, the Edinburgh based stamp manufacturer that is at home at the craft shop Stampers Grove.
I just love this image of a Highland dancer, which reflects all the grace and elegance connected with this beautiful skill.I coloured her in using ProMarkers with ultra-fine nibs and used the paper piecing technique for the kilt and kilt hoses (I stamped the image onto tartan paper, cut out the relevant sections and added them to the card).
And here are the ingredients used for this project:
* Square white card blank
* Tartan paper
* Core'dinations Black Magic cardstock
* Glass-smooth white cardstock from Southfield
* Die'sire Emobossalicious embossing folder
* Label die set
* Organza ribbon
* Adhesive pearls
If you like this stamp, please keep an eye on the Crafty Stamps website or the Stampers Grove website for this and many other new releases that will be available in the near future.
20 comments:
good to see something traditional on cards x
What a lovely Scottish-themed card Heike! Enjoy your blog-hop in memory of Dec o Cards. Sarah x
Fab card,like the paper piecing x
Fabulous card and a great image, good luck with your move
Lorna xx
Brilliant card..Fabulous image...hopping by...Julieannex
Lovely card, I do like the papers
such a great image! just hopping by, from docrafts x
I love black and white cards and your image. Good luck with the house move.
Fabulous card...just hopping by from docrafts.
Wendy xx
Gorgeous card Heike, I think I might have to add the dancer and border collie to my collection.
Anne x
Loving this card, Heike. You can't really go wrong with black and white... those papers are just amazing. Loving the way you made the bow as well. Any tips how to keep the ends of the bow curly?
Michaela xx
Hi Michaela! After curling the ribbon I just secure the ends with a bit of adhesive. I usually use Pinflair glue gel or a small dot of silicone glue for this. xx
Thank you very much for your answer,Heike. You are a star! Very much appreciated.
Michaela xx
beautiful card x
Great image and I love the twirls on the tail of your bow. Fab card. Maddy x
great card love the paper piecing and embossed background
carol x
Hopping by in honour of Dec O Cards. Love this - fab image and layout, I love the curly bow.
This is fab :-) Its an honour to remember a member of our docrafts family. Elaine-xxx-
Gorgeous card Heike love the image and lovely detail.
Hugs Julie xx
Heike what a gorgeous card love the image and layout. Love Alison xx
Post a Comment