Saturday, 30 March 2013

Border Collie


I really like the new border collie image by Crafty Stamps (AN113F). It pictures such a beautiful furry friend. When I saw the stamp my very first thought was to use it in combination with peg stamps - and so I had a play this afternoon.

The stamped image only needed a bit of colouring with Spectrum Noir pens, so I brought in some colour with the peg stamps which I used with Distress Markers. This also allowed me to use more than one colour for some of the stamped images, which are included in the 'Butterfly Blooms' set by Rubber Stamp Tapestry and the 'Highland Winter' Majestix set by Card-io.

Apart from round dies I also used a decorative Die'sire die by Crafter's Companion.

The embellishments are deliberately kept simple with heather and thistles joined together with organza ribbon by Woodware to avoid covering up too much of the stamping.

15 comments:

kay said...

This is lovely,great layout and colour x

Jasmine By Design said...

Super card! Lots of detail buit the dog remains the focus.

Lorna said...

Beautiful card, lovely colours and image,gorgeous layout and flowers

Happy Easter have a lovely weekend
Lorna xx

Anonymous said...

beautiful card great image x

sandy's crafty bits said...

hi heike ... what a super little doggie card ... just hopping by ... hope you have a super easter weekend happy crafting and love sandy xx

Jewelsmae said...

Love your use of the little peg stamps to frame the lovely image, beautiful card

carrie-lee said...

A lovely card xx

Donna Mosley said...

Lovely card Heike, the image is gorgeous.

Donna x

Dips said...

That's a fabulous image and your colouring is beautiful, Heike. Hope you have a really great Easter xx

Louise said...

A lovely card Heiki. I love the Collie stamp and your lovely background stamping too x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and love the frame round the image -enjoy your weekend
carol x

DI said...

Lovely use of my fav colour.

Alizabethy said...

The dog is set off so well by the embellishment

Dannii said...

Beautiful card, I adore dogs and this is brilliant.
Happy Easter.

ChrisAndCat said...

What a fab card, I love how you created the flowery outline with the peg stamps.