Saturday, 9 March 2013

Rugby Countdown

Only a few hours to go now until rugby fans will be on their way to Murrayfield again ...


Which Scottish rugby fan would ever forget the last round of the RBS 6 Nations when the team was fighting and playing with heart and soul and managed to provide a memorial day for their fans? Apologies to our Irish friends that we were not as good a host as in the years before and decided to keep the points to ourselves ;), but I hope we are forgiven. After too many meagre years we are just so glad that we have got once again a team that we can be proud of.

The above card for which I used the leprechaun image (FA106Q) from the new fantasy collection by Crafty Stamps is an homage to a great day out. I also included the birthday sentiment HB110B. The image is coloured in with Spectrum Noir pens. I used a Sakura Gelly Roll pen in Clear Star for the accents.


This weekend the Welsh supporters will paint the town red and yellow with their dragons, rugby tops, flags and daffodils. And hopefully we will all be able to enjoy an exciting and close game where both teams will give 100%. And afterwards we can all party at Murrayfield and in town again - just like Irish and Scottish fans had a great time together after the gane two weeks ago. That's the beauty about rugby.

And today's game also provided the inspiration for the second card, which features the dragon image by Crafty Stamps (FA101Q). I coloured it in using the Spectrum Noir pens DR1, DR3, DR6, IG1 and IG7. For the background I used Darice embossing folders and a Die'sire cutting die. The card is embellished with adhesive pearls, paper roses, decorative pins and alphabet beads.

17 comments:

Louise said...

Two lovely cards Heiki. Enjoy the rugby and have a nice weekend x

sue said...

fab cards,love the dragon. sue xx

Lorna said...

Fabulous cards love them both, great images and colours

Lorna xx

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Two Brilliant cards Love the dragon...Joolsx

Anonymous said...

two fab cards great colours and images Tracy x

Kelly said...

Fab cards. My hubby would certainly like an England one. Rugby widow hehe x

Jewelsmae said...

Two very topical cards, enjoy your sport filled weekend.

ChrisAndCat said...

These are fab, love the dragon!

Unknown said...

Matzo fabulous cards. I love that red dragon, it's wonderful! So glad you are enjoying your rugby and what a great idea to take inspiration from it. Maddy x

DI said...

Fab images and beautiful layouts

crafty-stamper said...

Both great cards but love the dragon
carol x

Alizabethy said...

What a pair of fun cards!

Dips said...

Such fun cards, Heike, hope you enjoyed the game!

MissyG said...

Two lovely cards - fab wee dragon
Linda x

sparklingblackrose said...

Heike these are fab! Catching up on the leapblog! Elaine-xxx- I have new candy if you are interested :-) http://sparklingblackrose-craftmylife.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/new-candy.html

♥Gemma♥ said...

Fantastic cards hun...
hugs and xxx
Gemma

Donna Mosley said...

Great cards Heike, love the fab images and design.

Donna x