Wednesday, 29 May 2013

Finally Back ...

I seem to have been away for ages, but the work at the house and the move just brought so much work and trouble with them. Believe it or not, we have been faced with so many delays that the work at the house is STILL not finished. And there are also some boxes, which still need to be unpacked.

But my office is taking shape and I am slowly starting to find my craft stuff again - although I must admit that there are still a few items that are still hiding from me. Or the gremlins are still playing with them ...

Today's post is mainly catching up with work that I have not yet shared with you. All the stamps are by the Edinburgh-based business Crafty Stamps, which will also be at the Ross Papercraft Show in Edinburgh on 1 June 2013.


For the first card I stamped the thistle image SC169M with VersaFine ink onto watercolour card and coloured it in with Letraset AquaMarkers, which I applied with a damp brush. I also used white linen textured cardstock by Southfield and Core'dinations cardstock.  For the decorative rctangle I used a Die'sire die by Crafter's Companion. Organza ribbon by Woodware and adhesive pearls by Meiflower are completing the project.


The second piece is based around the cottage stamp SC160M. I stamped it onto ivory glass-smooth card by Southfield  and gave it a slight shading with coloured pencils. The features in the night sky are highlighted with the help of a Quickie glue pen and gilding flakes. I also used: ivory linen textured cardstock by Southfield, gold mirri card, Black Magic cardstock by Core'dinations in combination with a sanding tool, a Darice embossing folder, a Cheery Lyn die, a Dovecraft heart punch and adhesive gold-coloured pearls. I used the K & Company smash date stamp for the sentiment.


The final projectfor today features again a thistle image. This time it is created with the stamp SC168HF. Apart from white and black cardstock and a sheet of Dovecraft Back to Basics patterned paper I used circle dies. The feature behind the round toppers is created with the help of a Joy! corner die. I cut two black corners and joined them at the back of the topper. The sentiment stamp is also by Crafty Stamps (HB114L). Black adhesive gems are finishing the card.

So, that is the catch-up done. From now on I will be posting again on a regular basis and show you brand-new projects.

11 comments:

Misty's said...

These are gorgeous cards,Heike. Love them all, especially the one in the middle! Hope your find those naughty gremlins soon (LOL).
Michaela xx

julie_woolston said...

Beautiful cards Heike, sound like you've been very busy.

Hugs Julie xxx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous set of cards love them all. I am sorry to hear you have been having trouble with your house. Love Alison xx

Alizabethy said...

Love the crofters cottage card - so unusual!

Fiona Keel said...

3 fab cards Heike! love the thistle and the croft stamps, makes me homesick for my homeland, Fi x

sandra macinnes said...

Fab cards and hope you get all sorted soon with your house!

crafty-stamper said...

All beautiful card love the middle one love all the texture but love the thistle image too
carol x

Lorna said...

Sounds like you have been really busy, gorgeous cards ,lovely colours and images I especially like the first one

Lorna xx

Sarah G said...

Lovely cards
My fave is the one in the middle
hoppity x

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Beautiful set of cards...Hope you get sorted soon...Joolsx

DoodlesDumpkins said...

I love all of the cards, the colours are perfect together.
I hope you get the house problems sorted soon