Saturday, 1 June 2013

1st Ross Papercraft Show in Edinburgh



Today was the day of the first Ross Papercraft Show in Edinburgh. It was really nice to get there, as I had to miss the SECC and the Sincerely Yours show due to our move. I was pretty good when it comes to the craft spending, but I am over the moon that I found a set of ink blending mats (one in A4, one in 12" x 12" and one in A3) at the organisers stall. They are like the SplodgeAway mats but much more affordable. I am already using a 12" x 12" mat and wanted to get a smaller size anyway (and I can always cut the larger ones to size), so I am a pretty happy bunny that I have saved so much money. And other crafters in the area can also benefit, as Stamper's Grove are now also stocking the mats.

The card above is one that I made for the Stamper's Grove/Crafty Stamps stall as pretty much last minute addition. It features their Domestic Goddess stamp 'with husband' (DG110M) stamped with black Memento ink and coloured in using ProMarkers.

Further materials:
* White linen textured cardstock by Southfield
* Patterned paper
* Dovecraft 6"x6" textured cardstock pad
* Paper roses and rosebuds
* Decorative pins
* Adhesive

Further tools:
* Die-cutting machine
* Border die by Marianne Designs
* Heart-shaped die by Joy! Crafts
* Toolbox essentials

17 comments:

Louise said...

Great card Heiki. I glad you enjoyed the show xx

Louise said...

Great card Heiki. I'm glad you enjoyed the show xx

Fiona Keel said...

beautifully coloured and embossed card, fi x

Anonymous said...

Lovely card and I especially like how you have done the heart embellishment

sparklingblackrose said...

Ooh fab :-) good luck in your new home :-) Elaine xxx

Kelly D said...

I went to my first Ross Papercraft show not long ago was lucky enough it is literally 5 mins from my house.

I know the mats you are talking about, I got them as well and in my opinion they are just as good and a fraction of the cost.

Glad you enjoyed your first Ross show and your card is lovely.

Hugs
Kelly (Do Crafts Forum)

Dips said...

What a fun card, Heike, great to see you back in the blog hop. Hope you’ve had a great weekend in the sunshine, just hopping by after 2 days gardening!

carrie-lee said...

gorgeous card xxx

Alizabethy said...

sounds like you grabbed a bargain - great card too!

Unknown said...

Very pretty card, love the heart diecut and well done on your bargains! Maddy x

Unknown said...

What a lovely card, will have to keep my eyes out for the background papers as it looks really versitile x

annesyme said...

Lovely card Heike and great purchase. Sorry I only read your pm last night, I wasn't at the show. What like/busy was it? Good enough for them to come back next year?
Anne x

ChrisAndCat said...

What a lovely card. well done on the mat too, its always nice to find a bargain.

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Brilliant card...great image...Joolsx

sandy's crafty bits said...

hi heike ... super card and well done on your bargain ... just wanted to pop by and say thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a lovely message about my mum ... so very kind of you ... I am afraid I don't have time to do a lot of hopping at the moment coz of hospital visiting ... but will catch up with everybody soon ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

Anonymous said...

Hike wonderful card love this image. Alison xx

Janet - aka stacky said...

Your card is lovely I love the image and the fab die cuts xx