Sunday, 5 January 2014

Christmas Decorations II


I hope that you all had a great start into a happy, healthy, peaceful and successful 2014.

But will these storms never end? For weeks now it has been extremely wet and windy most of the time. I hope that you are all safe and dry.

I still need to share some more decorative items, which I made over the Christmas days, with you. These Christmas crackers are intended as decorative items that I can put on top of the fireplace, onto shelves, etc. They will get simple boxes, so that they can be safely stored away during the rest of the year and come out fresh and like new for the next festive season.


The cardstock used comes mainly from the First Edition paper pad 'Silent Night'. Other than these sheets I just used silver mirri card and a bit of textured cardstock. Additional items include adhesive pearls and curly ribbon.

The most important die for these decorations is the Christmas cracker die by Tonic Studios. Any Christmas themed dies can be used for the embellishments. I opted for Die'sire holly and snowflake dies as well as a bell by Crafts Too. The border punches used for these projects are geared punches by Tonic Studios, as these are easily copying with mirri card or textured cardstock.

16 comments:

Alizabethy said...

They are so pretty - no wonder you want to keep them for future years!

Unknown said...

Wow! Great crackers and a good idea as mantel decoration. I never thought of that.

The weather is terrible isn't it! A good excuse to craft :)

Ali said...

These are absolutely beautiful. I love anything with bells on the round Christmas time. It's such a festive noise x

Nikki said...

These are very pretty.
On the hop over from Do Crafts.
Nikki x

Anonymous said...

love these crackers, they are such flash :D

Anonymous said...

love these crackers, they are such flash :D

Anonymous said...

love these crackers, they are such flash :D

Dips said...

Lovely use of the Tonic Cracker Die, Heike. Happy New Year to you and your family, Dips xx

DoodlesDumpkins said...

Congratulations these crackers are stunning, I can see why you want to keep them safe throughout the year.

DoodlesDumpkins said...

Congratulations these crackers are stunning, I can see why you want to keep them safe throughout the year.

Carol S. said...

Really pretty crackers Heike. Good idea to keep until next year. Hugs, Carol S.xx

applejack cards by sue said...

My goodness these are beautiful,I haven't tried making these before and I haven't seen this die but I will certainly look for it now.

MissyG said...

Great crackers
Linda x

Angela said...

These are stunning, love how you have embellished each x

crafty-stamper said...

fabulous crackers before i read your post I thought they are too nice to pull-late hopping
carol x

Anonymous said...

Heike just trying to catch up with everyone been very busy trying to set up my new online business. Your crackers are wonderful love the embellishments. Love Alison xxx