
The weather outside is really frightful, as the storm just does not want to come to an end. So I have simply taken out some time and created some handcrafted Christmas decorations.
The inspiration for this style of ornament came from the Trimcraft advent calendar, day 13. There are dies, which cut the cardstock in this style, but the Trimcraft advent calendar also provides a free template.
I used cardstock from the First Edition Silent Night paper pad, adhesive pearls and charms. The holes at the top and at the bottom of the ornament are reinforced with eyelets. I then attached the charms with one 8mm jump ring (at the eyelet) and two 5mm jump rings. I threaded beading elastic through the hole at the top, as this is not so visible when the ornament is hanging in front of a window or at the Christmas tree.
So I pretty much used just things that many of us have in their craft stash anyway. And the free Trimcraft template means that a) we can get a bit of crafting fix over the Christmas days or without spending much on additional materials and that b) this ornament could also be useful for those of us, who might need to keep kids entertained over the next days. And stored carefully these 3D ornaments can be lovely decorations for many years to come.
1 comment:
Heike wonderful decoration, hope you had a good Christmas. Love Alison xx
Post a Comment