
Our nephew is now an adult and celebrating his 18th birthday. It is just incredible how fast the last couple of years have gone by.
And, of course, I had to think about a birthday card. We all know how notoriously difficult male cards can be. And I did not want the card to be too serious, as he is still very young. So I was looking for a cheeky sentiment - and I just love one of the Indigo Blu Dinkies. It is originally a Christmas stamp, but the Christmas images can be masked before inking up the stamp. Another bit of inspiration was his job as apprentice joiner. An old stamp that I had not used for years, kraft card and tool brads by Woodware just seemed to bring it all together.
I used:
* 8" x 8" kraft card blank and kraft cardstock
* black textured cardstock
* parchment paper in combination with a black Brilliance ink pad
* ivory glass-smooth cardstock by Southfield
* Daisy & Dandelion DIY stamp
* Indigo Blu Dinkie 'Good All Year'
* Memory Box number dies
* Marianne Designs die for the parchment section
* black spider web net
* Woodware tool brads
* Tim Holtz washers and brads
* black Memento ink pad
* ProMarkers
* adhesive: double-sided tape, Collall glue gel and Dovecraft 3D large foam squares (one of my desert island products)
* toolbox basics
I hope you like the result.
13 comments:
Gorgeous card and I love all the little hammer embellishments - really great card for your nephew x
Your card is fantastic and I am sure your nephew will think so too, I love the sentiment it really made me laugh xx
Fab male card, not my fav to make...lol
Great card hun, men are so hard to make cards for x
fab 18th card, love the sentiment! Fi x
Heike gorgeous card, love those brads. Love Alison xx
This is so great...a fantastic males card, very well done.
Ingenious, Heike, absolutely love the sentiment and your image is just the right side of cute. Bought a smile to my face to see your great card!
Lovely card, I like the little tool embellishments :D
brilliant card and had to laugh at the sentiment
carol x
Gorgeous card Heike love the design.
Hugs Julie xxx
Great card!
Anne x
Fantastic male card hun...
hugs and xxx
Gemma
Post a Comment