Sunday, 24 November 2013

Grace Taylor Eclectic Emerald Part 2

Here is now the promised blog post with more project ideas for the Grace Taylor Eclectic Emerald collection, which is distributed by Trimcraft.


I am starting with another card. This time I have layered up some of the Grace Taylor die-cut shapes to give them more of a 3D feel. You can view a list of the products I used together with step-by-step instructions in my Trimcraft gallery. The decorative border is created using a Cheery Lynn die.

But it does not always need to be a card. The die-cuts and sticker flipbook from this collection are also great to embellish smash books or journals.


I am a massive rugby fan (rugby union to be precise). Before last weekend's match between Scotland and South Africa I was so fortunate to 'bump' into the Springboks on two occasions. There was even the chance to chat to a few of the guys. Just when I suddenly ended up right amongst some of them I was glad that we were at their team bus and not on a rugby pitch with an egg-shaped ball in sight ... The Springboks are amongst the best three teams in the world, so these were incredible moments that I wanted to capture - just for myself, so that I can bring back the happy memories of these encounters each time I come across the pages.

In addition to photos I managed to take I collated some further information and arranged all printed materials together with Grace Taylor Eclectic Emerald die-cuts and stickers on the pages. A bit of doodling and stamped rugby balls complete the layout.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

So great to meet the team and enjoy it! Fab layout and your card is wonderful; so full of vintagey goodness :-) Maddy x

ALI said...

The pictures make a lovely scrap book page, love the card as well.

Angela said...

Very pretty card and I love the page you have done as well.

julie_woolston said...

Fabulous creations Heike, love the detail and colours.
Hugs Julie xxx

Anonymous said...

Heike this is gorgeous love the design and layout. Love Alison xx

Vic said...

Lovely card - and it did make me smile! ;) sorry I am late - just blog hopping from Docrafts ) x

rosie said...

wow this is gorgeous Heike. love the colours x

Janet - aka stacky said...

Your card is so lovely Heike and wow what fab pages you have created to remind you of your meeting with the fabulous guys xx