Saturday, 21 June 2014

Not just for Father's Day


Oh, I had so much work planned for last weekend only to do in my lower back on Saturday - and I do not even know how I managed to do that ... So instead of crafting I was in absolute agony, feeding on pain killers and trying to find a position that was half-way bearable. Standing, sitting and lying down was just horror. For a few days I even had to get out of bed (and even by doing that I often came close to screaming), if I just wanted to change my position. Turning round in bed was impossible.

But now the back is much better, the mobility is returning (I can even pick up things from the floor again!) and the beloved crafting is back on the agenda.

The card I would like to share with you today is one for dads, who deserve a thank-you now and again - and not only for Father's Day. To create it I used the brand-new Grace Taylor Modern Cabin products, which are distributed by Trimcraft.

I applied distress inks to the maritime posts and added coloured PVA glue around a day later only to discover that some of the ink started to creep up the tiny pearls a bit. But I actually quite like the look. Due to the impact of the sea water, algae, etc. nothing maritime stays nice, clean and shiny for too long anyway.

A product list and step-by-step instructions for this card can be found in my Trimcraft gallery.

And for those of you, who are interested in the dies I used: the posts are from the ocean set by Marianne Design and the sentiment is created using Britannia dies.

10 comments:

sandy's crafty bits said...

wow super man card heike ... so sorry to hear about your back problems ... hope you are on the mend now ... and be careful in picking things up off the floor ... hope you have a good "painfree" week ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Hi Heike,Just love this card...great design...and colours.Hope you are now getting better...sending hugs...Joolsx

gillnstu said...

a really brilliant card, love the colours xxx

Jackie T said...

A fantastic card. I'm pleased your back is getting better and you can craft again.Hugs Jackie

applejack cards by sue said...

Terrific card Heike, those blues all go so well together. I hope your back is much better now and that you have a great week..

Carol S. said...

Ouch!! Your back problem sounds quite bad. My husband had bad back problems for years. He had an op 7 years ago and is now able to to normal things. Love your card, so very diffrent. Men are so difficult to make cards for but this a brilliant card. Take things easy. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Unknown said...

Hi Heike, fab card, love the colour scheme - it all goes together beautifully. Maddy x

Alizabethy said...

Backs are funny things - look after yourself! Dawn

Lorna said...

Fabulous male card , love the design and colours , sorry to hear you have had back problems and hope its getting better


sorry i'm a bit late hopping this week but i have been working

hugs Lorna xx

crafty-stamper said...

Great male card and love the layout and papers(sorry late hopping )
Carol x