Monday, 28 March 2016

Sequin Easter Egg


Firstly, apologies for the long time without blog post. A lot is going on in my life right now.

I hope you are all enjoying the Easter weekend and are not too much impacted by the awful weather.

The sequin Easter egg shown here is a project I created a couple of days ago using a small polystyrene egg, Dovecraft Serendipity sequins and Dovecraft glitter ribbon. The pins I used are 13mm long sequin pins, which worked well and did not get into the way of each other.

It took me about two hours to complete the egg, but somehow it was really therapeutic to push the pins into something ...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back and hope all is well x
Love your egg :-)

Unknown said...

Lovely to see a new post from you Heike. This is a wonderful project- I'd never thought of using sequins to decorate an egg but love the result. Cathy x

Carol S. said...

Nice to see you back Heike. I was getting a bit concerned but understand that life gets in the way sometimes. A very pretty egg and a lovely keepsake. Take care. Hugs, Carol S.xx

julie_woolston said...

Wow stunning Heike lovely colours and detail.
Hugs Julie xxx