Friday, 24 June 2011

Re-discovery of sealing wax

Yes, I am still alive. But due to PC issues (my computer does not want to swallow the Windows Vista service packs, which causes problems with more and more programs) I have currently very limited Internet access. And I am still living in hope that an expert will be able to sort everything out or manage to upgrade my PC to Windows 7 over the next two weeks.

On the upside, an offline PC also means that there is a bit more time for crafting and experimenting with new techniques.

As teenager I liked to seal letters with a wax seal. But for years I did not give that much thought. Now I have re-discovered sealing wax for craft projects. It just makes it so easy to arrange flowers with a stem, decorative stick pins, feathers, ribbon and so much more and to hold everything in place perfectly. And gorgeous papers like the ones with glitter effect in the First Edition Summer Breeze designer paper pad by Trimcraft just do not need large toppers or many embellishments to show their full beauty.

A product list and step-by-step instructions for the following card are in my Trimcraft gallery.


1 comment:

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Good morning to you, wow your card is stunning! Love how you have used the wax and those pins are gorgeous! Have a lovely Sunday, hugs Heidi x