
Many of us have probably items of jewellery lying around in a box or corner, which we have not been wearing for ages - and I am no exception. Especially when these pieces are made from precious metals parting with them is not easy. Even selling the jewellery will never bring a price close to the real value.
I had a pair of large sterling silver hoop earrings, which I had not been wearing for at least 15 years, in a box. So the best option seemed to be to give them a bit of a twist and a new lease of life.

After thoroughly cleaning the earrings with a silver polishing cloth and in an ultrasonic cleaner I added lightweight 4mm jump rings in sterling silver and 9ct yellow gold. After a final bath in the ultrasonic cleaner they are now nice and shiny and as good as new. And the weight is with just 2.2g per earring still very good for comfortable wear.
And the best thing:
It is easy to change the design, if I ever want to give them a new look again.
9 comments:
great idea and lovely earrings. x
Well done you, they look great. xxx
Fab recycling idea :-) Happy leapblogging! Elaine-xxx-
oh my goodness how super ... what a clever lady you are ... thank you for popping over to my blog this weekend ... happy crafting and love sandy xx
Great idea --lovely earrings
carol x
Love the earrings...still very much in fashion.
Hi Heike,
This is a great idea and makes the earrings look completely different!
Hope you're keeping well.
Helen x
Brilliant idea, love the earrings
Lorna xx
what a great idea i love making jewellery as well
hugs
judie xx
Post a Comment