Saturday, 2 June 2012

To have and to hold


Yesterday I was working on a commissioned wedding card for football fans. I decided to use the colours of their football club as inspiration, so it is mainly held in maroon and white.

Regarding the cardstock I opted for white linen textured cardstock from Southfield, the Tim Holtz and Ranger Distress Collection by Core'dinations and Neenah card for the stamped image. A Darice border embossing folder, decorative dies and a corner rounder helped to bring the cardstock into the right shape. The Distress cardstock is partly distressed, which can be achieved with a distressing tool or simply a nail file.

For the image of the bride and groom I used the small wedding couple stamp by Crafty Stamps, which I coloured in with ProMarkers. I highlighted selected areas with the help of a Sakura Gelly Roll pen in Clear Star.

For the embellishments I decided on a round sentiment stamp. I added this with a good amount of silicone glue, so that I could arrange heather (for a Scottish touch), rose buds and a decorative heart pin. Finishing touches are an organza ribbon bow and clear adhesive gems.

21 comments:

sparklingblackrose said...

Aww this is lovely :-) Happy leapblogging! Elaine-xxx-

Caroline said...

Fabulous card love the layout and design. Have a great weekend. Caroline xxx

Anonymous said...

stunning card tracy x

Anonymous said...

stunning card tracy x

annesyme said...

Stunning card!
Anne x

MissyG said...

Lovely card
Linda

Wendy L said...

Lovely card and love the colour. xxxx

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely card :)

carrie-lee said...

Absolutly gorgeous xxx Happy leapblogging xxx

sandy's crafty bits said...

ooo what a super little wedding card ... love that cute image do you think she is patting his btm ?? ... thank you for visiting my blog ... hope you have a great bank holiday weekend ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

Linda said...

Lovely card, just blog hopping from Dc. Linda x

Sue said...

gorgeous card, the image is beautiful and I love the way you have arranged the flowers
Sue

craftynanny said...

Beautiful card! Lea xx

Anonymous said...

I so like the colours used on this card, quite different. Love the embossing and the bow too xx

Lorna said...

Gorgeous card, love the image and colours

Lorna xx

crafty-stamper said...

A lovely card not seen that image before
carolx

Margrit said...

different than usual colours but so classy - wil be really adored and appreciated

DI said...

Beautiful card.

Dannii said...

Pure elegance

applejack cards by sue said...

hiya Heike, this is such a lovely image perfectly coloured and embellished.

Unknown said...

Super card, love the colours and image is fab, Mary x