Monday, 11 June 2012

Sailing



Are you slowly getting into the mindset for the Olympics? I always like this over-indulgence of sport events - and I just love the patriotic sport images, which are part of the London Line collection by Trimcraft. The artwork is once again by Helz Cuppleditch.

One of my favourites is the clear stamp 'Sail Away', which I used for the card above. I coloured in the image using Spectrum Noir pens. And this cute character stamp is also great with more rustic embellishments. In this case I opted for eyelets and simple household string to give the card a more nautic feel.

A full product list and step-by-step instructions for this project can be found in my Trimcraft gallery.

I hope you like this card.

25 comments:

Dawn said...

WOW, I love it. The image is lovely and the added embellishment using string, great idea. x

julie_woolston said...

Hello Heike what a lovely card,an adorable image, love how you have used the rope very effective.

Hugs Julie x

Tina said...

Lovely card, great colour combo and fab image. Tinaxx

Unknown said...

Love this little stamp you have coloured it so well. I must ink mine up.
Kaz.xx

Caroline said...

Gorgeous card love the image which is coloured beautifully and the layout is fantastic. Caroline xxx

annesyme said...

Fabulous card, love the patriotic colours and the sailing image. Can't say I'm all that keen on sports though lol!
Anne x

Anonymous said...

beautiful card lovely image great layout tracy x

Sue said...

gorgeous card, such a great image I love the colours you have used.
Sue

MissyG said...

Oh I love this card - wonderful - great image - Linda

sue said...

fab card & image sue xx

Lorna said...

Fabulous card, love the image and design

have a great weekend
Lorna xx

Lors said...

Fantastic card, I have just bought my first few packs of speccies and I love them....Lorsx

sandy's crafty bits said...

ooo super little patriotic card Heike ... what a cute little image ... and love the rope around the side ... is that a sailors knot lol ... just doing a bit of blog hopping ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

Heike said...

I would call it a 'cheat's sailors knot' Sandy. I would not know where to start with a real one, but thankfully simply twisting the string round also looks quite good LOL.
Have a good weekend, Heike x

Wendy L said...

This is gorgeous. so sweet. xxx

Dannii said...

Brilliant card, love the colours, great use of the cord as rope!

Alizabethy said...

Great patriotic card!

Anonymous said...

A stunning card such a sweet image and the layout is fantastic. Love Alison xxx

crafty-stamper said...

great image beautifully coloures and love the twine
carol x

Donna Mosley said...

This is so gorgeous Heike, love the very cute image and your fab colouring.

Donna x

sparklingblackrose said...

This is fabulous! Elaine-xxx-

Anonymous said...

A fun design, do like the characters xx

Dips said...

I love your stamped image, and what a fun card.

ChrisAndCat said...

What a fab card, love it.

DI said...

Love this one.