Sunday, 20 May 2012

Tea Party

Today is actually a dry and sunny although a bit chilly day here, but the last couple of days the weather was simply atricous. It was freezing cold with temperatures in the single figures, windy and wet. It felt much more like November than May.

So I decided to cheer myself up with the gorgeous Dovecraft Tea Party products by Trimcraft.The goregous pastel colours and yummy treats really lifted my mood - although it was hard not to go to Starbucks and organise some real treats ...


For the card above I used the Tea Party decoupage paper pad. I created the flowers with Card Candi, which is shapped around tweezers - a technique I saw demonstrated at the recent Sincerely Your papercraft show in Edinburgh. The leaves are cut with a Marianne Design die.


My products of choice for the next cards were the Tea Party glitter stickers. I added again Card Candi flowers. This time I used a Crealies die for the leaves.


Product lists and step-by-step instructions for both cards (with exception of the Card Candi flowers, as I created the projects for Trimcraft) are in my Trimcraft gallery.

I hope you like these two cards.

20 comments:

Caroline said...

Beautiful card love the flowers. Caroline xxx

Janet - aka stacky said...

both cards are really lovely and the flowers are so pretty x

Unknown said...

Super cards lovely colours and embellishments, Mary x

Sazzle said...

Brilliant card, you're making me feel hungry!! Great idea for the flowers, might have to give that one a try :-)

xx Happy crafting and glittery hugs xx

Sazzle
(lincs crafty girl)

Dawn said...

very pretty cards, love the colours and your flowers are so lovely. x

Anonymous said...

two beautiful cards tracy x

Colette said...

Hi Heike, Hope you are well. I know what you mean about the weather, it's been a bit chilly here in Norfolk too! I'm itching to get out in the garden.

Your cards are just beautiful, so delicate... and yummy. Just fancy a slice of cake and a cup of tea. Lovely use of colours too..perfect!

Colette xx

julie_woolston said...

Hi Heike these are two gorgeous cards love the colour combos, and those flowers are stunning what a brilliant idea.

Hugs Julie x

ALI said...

Gorgeous cards.Very tempting...lol

Unknown said...

Love the flower very clever.Kaz.xx

crafty-stamper said...

very delicate cards love them both
carol x

Chris said...

Very pretty cards. Chris xx

Louise said...

Two pretty cards - love. those. flowers x

applejack cards by sue said...

Beautiful cards and those perfect little flowers are just wonderful. Very well done.

Lorna said...

Beautiful cards,gorgeous colours and designs

hugs Lorna xx

Anonymous said...

really pretty cards, love the flowers on them xx

rosie said...

gorgeous cards. love your little flowers x

Wendy L said...

Lovely cards but lilac is my fave colour. xxxx

scrappysharon said...

Very, very pretty and I love the colours they are really nice. Sharon

Vic said...

ggorgeous cards - the first one is my fave. love your layout and colours xx