Sunday, 29 April 2012

Crafting on the Wild Side



It was time for a bit of fun crafting time and getting out my beloved Clarity tiger stamp. These big cats are so beautiful, powerful and majestic - although I prefer to keep a bit of a safety distance once they are no longer cubs ...

I stamped the image onto a piece of kraft cardstock using black VersaFine ink and coloured it in with Derwent Coloursoft pencils before mounting it onto black cardstock. I combined the tiger with Kanban Safari cardstock, tiger Card Candi and foliage die-cuts from Tim Holtz Kraft-Core cardstock that I created with a Marianne Design die. All these are arranged on a square kraft card blank and layers of textured black cardstock and embossed kraft cardstock.

I hope you like this different style of card.

15 comments:

annesyme said...

Brilliant card, I just love tigers and this one's a beauty!
Anne x

Wendy L said...

Beautiful image, I love tigers. Makes a super card xxxx

Unknown said...

Fabulous card, beautiful colouring, Mary x

Anonymous said...

fab card great image x

Lors said...

Gorgeous card, fabulous layout..x

sue said...

beautiful card,love the colouring sue

craftynanny said...

Lovely! Love the matching elements! Lea xx

hyper_ni said...

Wow this is stunning, a gorgeous card! :)

sandy's crafty bits said...

ooo super little card ... well done happy crafting and love sandy xx

Crafty Mamma Mia said...

This is a p-awesome card Heike! (Sorry for the pun but it had to be done!!!!) Seriously, this is a great card and I love the limited colour palette that you've used! Helen x

rosie said...

gorgeous. fab idea x

Janet - aka stacky said...

I love this card and your colouring of this gorgeous tiger is brilliant xx

Dawn said...

brilliant card, I love the card candi. x

Craftetter said...

Love what you have done with this card - it might be different but certainly good.
Elaine

Louise said...

This is gorgeous x