Unfortunately I am nursing a very sick QuicKutz Epic Six that suddenly only wants to work with Cuttlebug plates (and that only with the stick and carrot approach) and seems to be allergic to QuicKutz plates. Something is telling me that I will need to think about replacing it at some point. But at least I managed to convince it to produce the die-cuts for today's card.

I used Marianne Designs button dies and the Tim Holtz Alterations washer border die, which I combined with textured cardstock in three colours, tartan paper as well as black and white baker's twine.
The image is created with the Scottish Drummer stamp by Crafty Stamps. I coloured it in using ProMarkers in Almond, Satin, Sandstone, Umber, Burnt Sienna, Burgundy, Black, Cool Grey 5, Ice Grey 2, Warm Grey 3 and Warm Grey 4 plus Spectrum Noir pens in DG4 and IG1 (the last one for the shadow around the drummer). For the kilt I stamped the relevant section of the image onto tartan paper, cut out the kilt and added it to the stamped drummer.
6 comments:
hi Heike, what a lovely boy card. Love the colours you've used.
Love,
Laurence xx
Gorgeous card, was just thinking the other day I could do with some Scottish stamp and I really like the drummer boy you have used.
Anne x
Gorgeous card, I love the drummer boy stamps you have used.
Anne xx
A wonderful card Heike, love the image.
Donna x
Ooh, lovely patriotic card xx
Great card, fab tartan buttons.
Wendy xx
Post a Comment