Sunday, 1 April 2012

Celtic Cross


I like Celtic crosses on cards for many occasions - weddings, christenings, Easter, Christmas, birthday cards for religious people and sympathy cards to name just a few.

For this card I experimented with the now so popular white on white scheme and carefully added colour to selected areas. I created the card around the brand-new large Celtic Heart Cross stamp by Crafty Stamps. The image is coloured in using ProMarkers in Warm Grey 1 and Warm Grey 3. To make the cross stand out I added a light grey outline around the cross with a Spectrum Noir pen in IG1 (old number: CG0.5). I added accents with a Sakura Gelly Roll pen in Clear Star.

For the floral embellishments and lace background I used stamps and dies by Heartfelt Creations. I added colour to the lilies with the help of ProMarkers in Gold, Soft Peach and Peach and again a Sakura Gelly Roll pen in Clear Star.

By the way, Crafty Stamps/Stampers Grove will also be at the Sincerely Yours show at the Royal Highland Centre in Edinburgh on 21 April 2012.

20 comments:

Wendy L said...

This looks stunning, so effective. xxxx

Anonymous said...

aww this is stunning xx

Lisa Cornwall said...

Gorgeous card Heike. Love the colours. so gorgeous. x

Tina said...

Lovely card. Tinaxx

julie_woolston said...

Hello Heike

I love your card it's stunning the lace border is gorgeous and the Celtic cross, just beautiful.

Hugs Julie x

Lorna said...

Stunning card

Hugs Lorna xx

Ali said...

Just hopped over from docrafts, now following your blog. Love this card, that cross is amazing xx

sparklingblackrose said...

Lovely :-) Happy Leapblogging! Elaine-xxx-

Carolk said...

a stunning card x

Crafty Mamma Mia said...

Wonderful card Heike - very simple but so effective! Helen x

Dawn said...

very pretty. xxx

Unknown said...

Fabulous card, stunning! Mary x

AJ said...

What a lovely card. It's not over the top. Simple, but very effective.

Pink Dandelion said...

Smashing card. Debs xx

Janet - aka stacky said...

absolutely beautiful card I love how you have coloured it all the cross is a really nice one x
Thank you for the lovely comment you left on my blog x

Anonymous said...

I love the lattice work on this card xx Hopped from DC

rosie said...

wow. this is beautiful x

♥Gemma♥ said...

Such a beautiful card hun...
hugs and xxx
Gemma

Chris said...

Beautiful, Chris xx

Laura said...

What a beautiful, effective card, lovely for any occasion requiring a religious element