Today I undertook my first attempts with gilding flakes and Indigo Blu Flitter Glu - and had a fight at my hands. I applied the Flitter Glu to a stamp, but sometimes the cardstock was tearing when I lifted up the stamp. When I used the stamp in such a way that it hardly touch the cardstock I could lift it up, but the image was not complete. A touch up with a cheap paintbrush worked well.
But removing the stickiness on the rubber of the stamp was a nightmare. I washed it in water right after use, but I also had to use the specific stamp cleaner twice to get the stamp halfway back into working order. I doubt that I will do that again to any of my stamps any time soon. I will rather stick to highlighting areas by applying Flitter Glu with a paintbrush and then using gilding flakes.
I am actually quite pleased with the result - just the cleaning up process was too lengthy. And as I got a bit of glue along the edge of a fingernail, I am sporting a bit of red and gold myself ...
And here is what I used to create the acceptance card:
- Big heart stamp by Crafty Stamps (RM105F)
- Heart cutting die by Joy! Crafts
- Wedding ring die by Marianne Designs
- QuicKutz alphabet dies
- White textured and white smooth cardstock
- Gold metallic cardstock
- Red mirri card
- Adhesive gems
- Indigo Blu Flitter Glu and Lancashire Rose gilding flakes

13 comments:
Beautiful card, I've never used guilding flakes, but your heart looks lovely x
This is stunning, a lot of work but definitely well worth it
Sue
stunning card lovely layout Tracy x
Beautuiful card! that guilded heart is particularly stunning...well done! x
Hi Heike this is stunning,so elegant.
I haven't used gilding flakes but would love to have a go, don't like the sound of the cleaning tho.
Hugs Julie x
a gorgeous card, the gilding flakes look fab x
Beautiful card worth the effort
carol x
I am not surprised you are pleased with it and I hope you now think it was worth the 'fight' because it is absolutely gorgeous x
Gorgeous card well worth sticking with it lol!
Anne x
Gorgeous card Heike, I had the same problem getting the flutter glue off my stamp and yet the lady from Indigo Blu say just put them in water right away and they clean easily. I bought mine in March/april and haven't used them since but I have just added cards made with 2 of the images I stamped back then.
Anne x
Hi Heike,
Love the look and a beautiful card. Don`t think I`ll be trying out this technique in the near future!!! As you say and awful lot of hard work for what you want to achieve!! Linda xxx
Wow this is gorgeous!
A beautiful card x
I used my Flitterglu and flakes for the first time last week too and had the same experiences as you! Kay makes it look so easy on TV. I'm gonna try again with different card a nd have a bowl of water ready on the table!
xx
Post a Comment