Saturday, 10 November 2012

Party Weekend

What a month! It seems to be full of celebrations of one kind or another.

First of all we needed a 40th birthday card. I opted for a white, pink and silver colour scheme and a Strawberry Kisses image. White linen cardstock by Southfield, Hunkydory cardstock, silver mirri card and white glass-smooth cardstock by Southfield are the basics of this project. Sepllbinders dies, Britannia sentiment and number dies and a Marianne leaf die as well as flowers by Wild Orchid Crafts and some tulle are contributing to the design.


I also needed to make a wedding card. I built this up around one of my trusted images by Crafty Stamps - the large wedding cake stamp WD160KI. I combined it with white Centura Pearl cardstock, gold mirri card, paper flowers and rosebuds, organza ribbon and heart pins. The 8" x 8" embossing folder used for this card and the decorative frame are by Die'sire, the sentiment is created using a Britannia die.

18 comments:

Caroline said...

Two gorgeous cards beautifully decorated and fabulous colours. Caroline xxx

Sue said...

These are gorgeous, I love the images. Your layouts and colours are fabulous.

Sue

Unknown said...

Great set of cards.
Happy blog hopping
Kaz.xx

Anonymous said...

Lovely cards, I especially like the teacup one xx

Dips said...

Lovely cards, Heike, I espcially like your Strawberry Kisses image, which I've now added to my ever expanding wish list!

Anonymous said...

two beautiful cards lovely layouts papers and toppers x

ALI said...

Two lovely cards, love the image on the pink one.

Unknown said...

Two pretty cards. Love the flowers on both of them. Maddy x

Angela said...

Two beautiful cards, I love the little kitty on the teacup x

julie_woolston said...

Oh Heike these are gorgeous cards, lovely design and detail.

Hugs Julie x

sue said...

gorgous cards sue xx

annesyme said...

Beautiful cards, lovely images and l/o!
Anne x

ChrisAndCat said...

Two beautiful cards, I particularly love the little kitten in the cup.

Lors said...

Two gorgeous cards x

crafty-stamper said...

Both great cards love your poppy -did mine last year covered it in red and green(leaves) embossing powder
carol x

hyper_ni said...

That cat image is so cute, both lovely makes but I do love the 40th card! Just hopped over from Docrafts, Ni.

♥Gemma♥ said...

2 gorgeous cards hun...
hugs and xxx
Gemma

Jasmine By Design said...

Gosh you have been busy! Beautiful cards.