Sunday, 4 November 2012
Poppy Time
The Poppy Appeal and wearing a poppy at this time of the year is something that is very close to our hearts. But when I picked up my poppy the other day I began to wonder, if it could not look a bit prettier. And yesterday morning I just started to customise it.
I applied Clear Accents to both sides of the poppy and distributed it with a paint brush. I then attached three fabric leaves with silicone glue and brushed on Clear Accents on the front of the leaves. The black centre is covered in Clear Accents (it was my all round helper for this project) and added black adhesive gems. Clear Accents just helps to secure the gems a bit better. Stickles glitter glue in' Frosted Lace' provides a bit of sparkle and a slight wintery touch. The final step was then to attach a brooch bar to the back of the poppy using silicone glue.
The only problem is now that I am hooked and need to organise more brooch bars urgently, so that I can customise some more poppies. But I think I should be able to cope with that ... ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

16 comments:
what a fab idea , think l will give mine a bit of sparkle , hope you got loads of goodies at the show last week xx
It looks great!
This is great idea, love how it has turned out.
Aww what a clever idea-I am sure youll start a trend! Happy leapblogging! Elaine-xxx- p.s I have candy on my sidebar if you would like to enter :-)
Clever idea. Love it x
Such a clever idea, shows that craft minded people are always creating beautiful things!!! xx
loving your altered poppy,i glittered mine last year,x
Hi Heike
Love your customized Poppy.
Michaela xx
How funny I should just see this, I blinged up my poppy earlier today. Yours looks really pretty
Hello Heike this is fabulous.
Hugs Julie x
What a brilliant idea Heike. Your poppy looks lovely. I think I might have a wee play with my poppy lol!
Anne x
Lovely!
Very clever idea...looks gorgeous...happy blogging x
This is a lovely idea xx
I did this last year too, it's a great idea, very pretty.
Great idea it will make it a bit heavier and studier, mine keeps falling off and i end up wearing just the pin, I will be doing this tomorrow
Wendy
Post a Comment