
... although it is only relating to the card designs at the moment. But it is scary that we have already nearly reached the end of October and Christmas is not really that far away.
A lovely designed Christmas sentiment of a good size can also be a beautiful focal point of cards. And the large candle and holly merry Christmas image (XM137HF) by Crafty Stamps is just perfect for this. For this card I opted for a mainly monochrome design with splashes of colour introduced by paper roses and the candle and holy image within the stamped image, which I coloured in using Spectrum Noir pens.
For the topper I used a Spellbinders label die. The main feature of the panel underneath is black cardstock with a white core, which I embossed using a Snowflake embossing folder and sanded using a Tim Holtz sanding grip. A quick wipe with a Dust Buddy by Core'dinations then brought out the colours nicely.
For the holly die-cuts I used a Cheery Lynn die. The holly sections underneath the paper roses are created with the same die, but I trimmed off the end sections. A snow writer by DecoArt helped to give the snow on the letters more of a 3D feel. Clear adhesive gems and Stickles glitter glue in 'Frosted Lace' applied to the paper roses provided the finishing touches.
And Crafty Stamps/Stamper's Grove (that is their craft shop in Edinburgh) will also be at the Hobbycraft show at the SECC in Glasgow from 25 to 28 October 2012. If you are going, perhaps pop along to their stand C26 and say hello to Emma. Loads of gorgeous stamps are already packed up and ready for the trip to Glasgow.
26 comments:
Lovely card and a great layout, well done.
Maureen........x
A lovely happy Xmas card x
Another gorgeous card! I love every element of it! xx
I agree with you Heike and your focal point looks beautiful on your lovely card x
beautiful love they detail and design xx
Beautiful Christmas card love the black and white with the roses adding a touch of red
Carol X
Beautiful card x
Its beautiful Heike !
Hugs
Susan x
Really lovely monchrome card, the touch of colour really bring sit to life.
You are right about the sentiment - this is such an elegant card!
Beautiful card that stamp is gorgeous, Mary x
Now I love this, such nice flowers xx
Stunning xmas card, love the colours and layout
hugs Lorna xx
This one is gorgeous.
Gorgeous card. xx
Just gorgeous. I love the colour scheme and your flowers are beautiful! Maddy x
Gorgeous x
Stunning card, love your red roses they just add a lovely touch of colour to the black and white card.
Anne xxx
This is lovely - I wasnt sure about getting that corner die but I need it now!
Gorgeous Heike :-) Elaine xxx
Fabulous card Heike, love the mono colours and layout. Hope you are keeping well and getting my emails? hugs Heidi xx
A beautiful and well designed card i love it.
Hugs Betty x x
Gorgeous card, beautiful design and love the dies. x
I love this card. The colour way is stunning!
stunnning card x
Absolutely gorgeous hunni...
hugs and xxx
Gemma
Post a Comment