
The first card that I would like to share with you today is again a Christmas card - and this time one that is a bit more colourful. It is built around gorgeous glittered paper from the First Edition paper pad 'Stocking Fillers' (a Trimcraft product) and mainly held in a vibrant red and the light and soft green tone featured in the paper design.
My image of choice is from the new Christmas collection by Crafty Stamps - the large sleigh (XM141F), a quality grey rubber stamp mounted onto kling-on, so it is ready for use with an acrylic block. I coloured in the images using Spectrum Noir pens. To create the topper I opted for Spellbinders octagon dies and arranged the die-cuts in an angle. I added it to the card using the large 3D foam squares by Trimcraft - one of absolute craft essentials.
For the border along the left-hand side I used a die by Die'sire, but pretty much any border die or border punch that can cope with cardstock would do the trick. Paper poinsettias, white paper roses in two sizes (10mm and 15mm) enhanced with a bit of Stickles glitter glue in 'Frosted Lace' as well as clear adhesive gems in two sizes are completing the card.
12 comments:
Hi Heike
Gorgeous card! Love the focal point with the sledge.
Michaela xx
This is gorgeous Heike. I love the image and the beautiful decorative border.
Sue
Lovely card and I do like the border idea, I have something similar so great to see it used xx
beautiful card lovely image and colours Tracy x
lovely card sue xx
Great card. Such a vibrant red I love it.
Lovely card with its traditional christmas colours
Hello Heike - I do like the die cuts at an angle, that's how I tend to do mine too. It's a lovely card and I am grateful that you write what you use and how you use them - I am always interested in how people put cards together (could be that I'm just naturally nosey ha ha)
Hi Heike fabulous card love the cute image and the layout is fabulous. Caroline xxx
Another lovely card x
Fabulous card !
Hugs
susan x
A really lovely card, the layering of the octagons is a great tip and very effective, thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment