Saturday, 13 October 2012

A pearlescent Christmas greeting


The first card that I would like to share with you this weekend was actually only finished today. After seeing the amazing new production of the 'Phantom of the Opera' on Thursday I just felt like creating a card that showcases a bit of opulence, rich colours and shimmer.

I opted for the Crafty Stamps Celtic candle image (XM102M), which I stamped with black Memento ink and coloured it in using the Spectrum Noir pens IG1, BG1, BG2, BG4, BG5, BG7, CT4, OR1, DR1, DR3, JG5 and JG6. I gave the candle some sparkle by using a Sakura Gelly Roll pen in 'Clear Star'.

For the base of the card I used a 15cm square white card blank with linen effect from Southfield. Further materials are:

* Brown Centura Pearl cardstock
* Pearlescent cardstock in latte
* A small piece of green Core'dinations cardstock
* White glass-smooth cardstock from Southfield
* Die'sire Embossalicious 6" x 6" embossing folder (I know that some crafters doubt that they go through the Cuttlebug, but I use the 6" x 6" folders without problems with a second generation Cuttlebug)
* Dotted embossing folder
* Marianne Designs holly die
* Paper roses and rosebuds
* Special Delivery wooden ornaments by Trimcraft
* Stickles glitter glue in 'Diamond'
* Adhesive (including a good portion of silicone glue)
* Die-cutting machine
* Toolbox essentials

19 comments:

sue said...

gorgous christmas card,love the embossing. sue xx

Sue said...

this is gorgeous Heike. I love the image and the colours with fabulous embossing too.

Sue

Anonymous said...

stunning card lovely colours and detail Tracy x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful Christmas card love the embossing
carol x

Donna Mosley said...

Beautiful card Heike, love the image.

Donna x

Kelly said...

This is gorgeous x

MissyG said...

fab Christmas card
Linda xx

ALI said...

Lovely card. Love the layout.

Janet - aka stacky said...

I love your Christmas card Heike, the stamped image is lovely and I really like your design/layout x

Jasmine By Design said...

Lovely!!! Very opulent. I have just bought some pearlescent card and cannot wait to use it!

Margrit said...

what a beautiful card - i love the embossing - it is very classy

Alizabethy said...

Stunning card - so elegant!

Anonymous said...

I love this card, especially the flowers, stunning xx

Angela said...

That is lovely, the flowers look wonderful and the little reindeer finishes it off just perfectly.

carrie-lee said...

just love this one its gorgeous xxx

Jewelsmae said...

Great card, the flowers are lovely and the embossing makes a nice base.

sandy's crafty bits said...

hi heike ... what a lovely christmas card ... well done ... thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a lovely comment on my sisters birthday card ... hope you have a great week ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

annesyme said...

Beautiful card, love the l/o and colour of card you've used.
Anne x

Louise said...

A stunning card x