Monday, 11 February 2013

I am still alive ...

I am conscious that it has been far too long since my last blog post. In December there has been a sudden and unexpected decision to do up a house and to rent out our flat (a very long and complicated story ...). Ever since we seem to have been working pretty much 24/7 - and it is still not over.

At least I have now managed to find a bit of time to get my craft stuff out in between job, work at home, building site, trips to DIY stores, etc. And I am so glad that I could have just a few moments of calm, as Crafty Stamps have just released such great new stamps. Are you up for a few tasters from the just released Domestic Goddess range?


DIY Woman

For this card I used the stamp DG104M by Crafty Stamps and coloured in the image using Spectrum Noir pens. Embellishments are wooden elements from the Riverbank Revels collection by Trimcraft and die-cut flowers created with Joy! Crafts dies. A 6" x 6" Die'sire embossing folder took care of the background.


Hostess

This stamp DG106M by Crafty Stamps can be interpreted in two ways. The items on the tray could be a glass of beer or similar and a sandwich. But why not - like I did it here - colour them in such a way that they become a mug and a piece of cake?

The doily on the embossed background (created with a 6" x 6" Die'sire embossing folder) comes from the Riverbank Revels collection by Trimcraft. The paper flowers are by Wild Orchid Crafts whilst the leaves are created with the Joy! Crafts die set that I already used for the card above. A Cottage Cutz die took care of the cake embellishments.


Cleaning

For this card I worked with the stamp DG101M. The image is again coloured in Spectrum Noir pens. Further materials and tools used are textured cardstock, black adhesive gems, a Darice crackle embossing folder and a mesh border die by Cheery Lynn Designs.

Further projects with the new images by Crafty Stamps will follow over the next days.

5 comments:

Lorna said...

Gorgeous cards, lovely designs and colours, fab images love the pink one, welcome back to blogland

Lorna xx

Misty's said...

Hi Heike
Welcome back! You certainly have been busy. Love all your cards. Beautifully designed with brilliant images.
Michaela xx

Anonymous said...

Heike you have been busy love all your cards they are beautiful. Love Alison xx

Tina said...

Fab cards, love the images. Tinaxx

annesyme said...

Great cards, love them all but especially the DIY one. Any of these would suit my middle sister. She never relaxes and is always doing some job or other. Hope your well. Will you be at the Sincerely Yours show at Ingleston?
Anne x