
As 2012 is slowly coming to an end, I am currently working on some desktop calendars for 2013. Main ingredients are heavyweight A4 card (I am opting for at least 300gsm), calendar tabs, patterned paper, stamped and coloured in images and embellishments.
The cardstock is getting folded in half and scored horizontally half-way down the back of the calendar base. The top halves of the front and the back are then glued together, which gives the finished calendar stability and makes it possible to fold back the bottom section which is the mechanism that makes the calendar stand upright.
The desktop calendar at the top features a mermaid image by Lili of the Valley and die-cuts created with a die by Joy! Crafts.
A few more examples:


These two desktop calendars are created using dog stamps by Art Impressions and Trimcraft papers from a Laura Ashley collection and a First Edition paper pad. The paper flowers are by Wild Orchid Crafts.
All images are coloured in using Spectrum Noir pens.
21 comments:
These are brilliant, but I'm having trouble getting my head round how you did them..lol
I will create a project with step-by-step instructions for Trimcraft, so watch out for more over the next days. ;);)
great work,love the last one. sue xx
wow heike these little calendars are super ... you are very clever ... thank you so much for visiting me today ... happy crafting and love sandy xx
These desktop calendars are gorgeous and very cute,Heike. Love the design! Michaela xx
These are great! I've been working on a design using easel cards, but I like your design better. Fab Layouts with clips and flowers. Maddy x
These are fantastic I love them. Caroline xxx
These are gorgeous Heike. I love the design and the images you have used are beautiful.
I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend
Sue
Ooh! Heike, these are gorgeous, fab idea.
Donna x
wow these are lovely will keep a watch out for your tut xx
These are so lovely the images are gorgeous...brilliant as gifts....x
Heike, they are absolutely lovely, I look forward to seeing your tutorial. A pleasure to look at, the recipients will be very lucky to get these!
great projects love them all
carol x
What a great idea, do like these, the dog one is my fav xx
I love these! Happy Leapblogging, have a fab week :-) Elaine-xxx-
Great wee calendars
Linda xx
Gorgeous calendars Heike.
Hugs Julie x
love these - shall pop back to read the tutorial
Love these.
Hi Heike
I would like to wish you and all your loved ones Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Have a fantastic time!
Warm wishes and hugs
Michaela xx
Happy New Year Heike - Look forward to catching up in 2013. Jx
Post a Comment