Saturday, 1 December 2012

Celtic Delight in Mandarin and Peach

No, I am not starting to talk about deserts. But on this freezing cold and grey day I could not resist to use some really yummy colours for a Celtic card.


The card is designed around the Celtic Knot Set (CT190M) by Crafty Stamps.

I stamped the large Celtic Circle in black Memento ink, cut it out and coloured it in using ProMarkers in Soft Peach, Peach and Mandarin. For the stamped border I used the triangular stamp and always turned it by 180 degrees to create the border. This was an experiment, but the stamps are so well cut and so great to work with that the first attempt to create the border was already successful. I then coloured in the border using the same three ProMarker pens.

And here are the other elements, which I used for the card:

* 15cm square white card blank with linen texture from Southfield
* Black textured cardstock
* Core'dinations cardstock
* Glass-smooth white cardstock from Southfield
* Square and round Celtic dies by Tonic Studios
* Round nesting dies
* Adhesive pearls in 'charcoal' by Mark Richards (these are distributed by Woodware)
* Die-cutting machine
* Crop-a-dile corner rounder
* Adhesive
* Toolbox essentials

9 comments:

sandy's crafty bits said...

wow super little celtic card heike ... love the colours and if it was just an expetiment it sure went well ... just doing a bit of blog hopping have not managed it much lately as we have had a few problems with the "oldies" lol ...hope you have a great weekend ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

Caroline said...

This is fabulous I love colours and the design is gorgeous. Caroline xxx

sparklingblackrose said...

This is fabulous! Happy leapblogging! Elaine-xxx-

crafty-stamper said...

Love your celtic knot card and the colour very different (in a good way)
carol x

Sue said...

This is wonderful. I love the design and the colours are fabulous.

Sue

Unknown said...

Fab card. I love celtic knots, have one on my front door in the glass! Love the way they represent immortality in their never ending design. It's so nice to see some warm colours. It's bloomin freezing here too lol! Maddy x

Misty's said...

Now you got me excited with the desert talk (LOL) Love your card! Love the colour palette. Really cheerful. Great celtic knot design, it certainly makes a great card.
Michaela xx

Jane Willis said...

What a stunning card. I saw somebody tweet about it and had to come and have a look - I've joined with GFC so I'll be back again soon!

Anonymous said...

beautiful card lovely colours x