Saturday, 27 July 2013

People of Scotland


It is really time to share again a couple of Scottish cards with you.

For the two cards featured in this post I used images by Crafty Stamps, which come as cling mounted stamps made from quality grey rubber. Due to this they do not require any preparation prior to use, are easy to store and provide great stamped impressions. For the tartan sections I opted for the paper piecing technique and incorporated tartan paper. And as both images are quite detailed I chose ProMarkers for the colouring in of the scenes.

Is the fiddler in the card above not great?! A real character. This one is image SC164Q by Crafty Stamps. Due to his more 'unpolished appearance' and the masculine feel of the card I kept the embellishments simple with just a few black nailheads by Mark Richards, which are distributed by Woodware. I wanted to let one of my 'guilty pleasures' from this week, a Celtic knot geared border punch by Tonic Studios (I just could not resist to get it as soon as I saw it), dominate the background.


The second card shows a dancing couple (Crafty Stamps image SC162M). For the background of this card I decided on the gothic square Simplicity Verso die set by Tonic Studios. A decorative bow created from dotted organza ribbon by Woodware and two decorative pins, which I added with a bit of silicone glue, are completing the card. The ends of decorative pins can be very sharp, so I trimmed off the pointed ends with a wire cutter once I had added them to the bow.

If anybody of you is coming to Edinburgh for one of the festivals, perhaps pop into  Stampers Grove near Fountainpark. This is the home of Crafty Stamps, and you could explore their entire range in real life.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Spectacular cards as always they are superb Mary x

Misty's said...

Brilliant Scottish cards, Heike. Love the stamps you used. That celtic knot border punch looks great too!
Michaela xx

applejack cards by sue said...

Wonderful images...the first one, as you said, is a real character. Great fun! Love the paper piecing on the second.

Anonymous said...

You get some great scottish design, I especially like the couple in kilts

Dips said...

Lovely cards, Heike, really understand your passion for those stamps as it's super to see some different images. Lovely use of Tonic dies and punches, too!

Anonymous said...

beautiful selection of cards x

sue said...

fab cards,love the images. sue xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous themed cards love both of them. My dad would of loved these as he came from Scotland to Liverpool when he was a wee boy and always hankered going back but don't think he ever managed it before he passed away. Never lost his accent though. Love Alison xx

julie_woolston said...

Fabulous creations Heike, love the images and colours.

Hugs Julie xxx