Sunday, 9 February 2014

Dino Birthday Card


I hope you are all safe and dry. Here the wind is howling around the house and battering the trees with rain hammering against the windows every so often, but that is nothing compared to the awful situation in the south of the country.

Today's dinosaur sneak peek comes in a completely different style - with a more colourful creature on a birthday card for young kids. I deliberately wanted to create a dinosaur image that comes over as more cute than scary.

I used the new Crafty Stamps image DN104M (the stamp will be launched on 18 February 2014) and coloured in the dinosaur using ProMarkers in Soft Green, Amethyst and Aubergine.

In addition to the dinosaur stamp I used:

* 15cm x 15cm white linen textured card blank by Southfield
* Smooth white cardstock
* Textured cardstock in soft green and in two shades of purple
* CoreCouture cardstock by Core'dinations
* Embossalicious Lattice embossing folder
* Leave embossing folder by Crafts-Too
* Number and letter die-cuts (peel-offs would work just as well)
* Cutting dies: circle and scalloped circle
* Candi

9 comments:

julie_woolston said...

Ooh Heike I am loving these Dinosaur cards, just fabulous.

Hugs Julie xxx

scrappysharon said...

This is lovely...I love your images they are really different and make a really nice change for a male card. Just popped over from DC blog hop. Thank you for your comments on my blog. Have a great week. Sharon x

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Lovely card ...great in the soft colours...Joosx

Unknown said...

Lovely card
Linda x

Donna Mosley said...

Beautiful card Heike, fab image and gorgeous design.

Donna x

Angela said...

Loving this card, the colours look amazing and you have matched the dinosaur to the papers perfectly x

Anonymous said...

What a fun card :D

sparklingblackrose said...

Ooh I love it, got to love a good dino image! Happy leapblogging, have a good week! Elaine-xxx-

applejack cards by sue said...

A gorgeous card for younglings. Love the cute image and the pastel colours.
Sorry I'm late with hopping.