
It is time for another sneak peek on the new dinosaur stamps by Crafty Stamps, which will be released later this month. Inspiration for the two cards I would like to share with you today was provided by the habitat the dinosaurs lived in.
For the card above I used brown-grey tones of Spectrum Noir pens for the dinosaur and opted for a forest-like feel with brown and kraft cardstock, raffia and string as well as leaves. A torn strip of kraft cardstock and the distressed embossed detail add a rustic touch.
Some products used for this card in more detail:
* Crafty Stamps dinosaur stamp DN107Q
* Embossalicious A4 embossing folder 'Tumbling Leaves'
* Leaf die set by Cheery Lynn
* Santoro Mirabelle jute and raffia string set by Trimcraft
* White linen textured 15cm square card blank by Southfield
* Glass-smooth white cardstock by Southfield
* Kraft cardstock
* Tim Holtz Kraft-Core cardstock by Core'dinations

The second card is styled around a marine dinosaur (DN108K). I chose blue greys for the dinosaur and light blues for the surrounding water. This time I used a mix of ProMarkers and Spectrum Noir pens. The bubbles - and incidentally also plant sections within the background - are highlighted with Sakura Gelly Roll pen in 'Clear Star'.
The backgound is mainly doodled. I used a calligraphy pen to get thinner and wider sections for these fantasy plants and added then some circles with a fine liner by Letraset. After that I embossed the background using a 6" x 6" Embossalicious embossing folder and added adhesive pearls in various sizes and shades of brown for the bottom of the sea. Embellishments are starfish and shell die-cuts. I used my good old QuicKutz dies, but other manufacturers (e.g. Marianne Design) have brought out similar dies in the meantime.
I hope you like these two new projects.
10 comments:
Hi Heike these are two stunning cards the image papers and colour combo all compliment one another, absolutely gorgeous .
Hugs Julie xxx
Hi Heike, Another 2 great cards. Brilliant images and gorgeous backgrounds. Hugs, Carol S.xx
Great cards Heike!
They are both great cards with fab images and wonderful backgrounds and embellishments.
Happy Crafting!!! :) X X
Hi Heike, I love both these cards. Your backgrounds are fabulous, love the way you have set the scenes with the fantasy plants and pearls. Maddy x
These are fantastic. Love those dinosaurs. Just hopping by.
As always, Heike, a pair of super cards - you've show-cased the new stamps really beautifully, great inspiration.
I'm still loving these Dinosaurs, Heike.
wow two super duper cards Heike ... love them both ... and love the colours you have used ... well done ... thank you so much for always visiting my blog and leaving such lovely comments ... have a great week ... happy crafting and love sandy xx
both brilliant cards and love the images especially the first one the B.paper and leave are just perfect for the image
Carol x
Two more gorgeous cards, you match the colours perfectly and these images look fantastic x
Post a Comment