Sunday, 2 November 2014

Winter Woodland Festive Cards

Oh gosh, now it is already November! Christmas is only a few weeks away and have not even thought about the design for the Christmas cards for our own use - especially the ones that we need to post and that need to be flat and light. Something is telling me that these cards might get made in a mad rush yet again and might require a trip to Southfield Stationers to get more card blanks and envelopes ...


Good that the design team cards are progressing much better. Here are the newest cards created with the Winter Woodland collection by Helz Cuppleditch and Trimcraft. I just love the adorable images.

Both cards use 15cm square white card blanks.

For the snowman card I 'misused' an aperture card blank by turning it into a frame. The decoupage image does not completely fill out the aperture, but matching snowflake background paper as well as the flowers and holly pieces disguise the edges. For the holly pieces I used the die strip by Britannia Dies.


For the second card I used glitter stickers and wooden elements from the collection for the toppers. For a more natural feel I decided to display the underside of the frames rather than the coloured side. As further embellishment I tied Woodware organza ribbon into a decorative bow and attached a fabric brad with the help of glue gel.

Product lists and step-by-step instructions for both cards are available in my Trimcraft gallery.

2 comments:

julie_woolston said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards Heike love the designs, I haven't started my own Christmas cards yet either so your not on your own there. Heike .
Hugs Julie xxx

Anonymous said...

Super cards :-)