Sunday, 25 January 2015

Paris, City of Fashion


Have you already seen the beautiful papers and gorgeous embellishments from the new Dovecraft Sweet Paris collection? There are even a set of dies and an embossing folder.

I had to spend a few days just looking at the products due to an enforced break. Due to the bad weather with wet, windy and icy conditions and washing the hands with ice cold water far too often the skin on my hands was in an awful condition - dry, sore and full of cracks. And unfortunately crafting with layers of rich cream on the hands would just leave greasy marks everywhere. Even paperwork at home and non-urgent private e-mails had to wait to give the skin on my fingers time to heal. But thankfully the skin has now improved  significantly, and Honeymania hand cream from the Body Shop gets me through the day while allowing me to touch paper and card again without ruining them. And there are now so many ideas for projects in my head.

I started with a fashion-themed Sweet Paris card. And haberdashery dies are now available from so many manufacturers. I used dies that I had already in my collection, but Trimcraft have also just brought out a nice set of haberdashery dies that provides the whole assortment of haberdashery dies in one go.

A product list and step-by-step instructions can again be found in my Trimcraft gallery. The gilding wax I used is by Creative Expressions. The trees are coloured in with Distress Markers in 'walnut stain' and 'forest moss'.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

C'est tres chic :-)

Katie said...

Beautiful card and love the layered flower.

ALI said...

Beautiful card and papers.

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Beautiful card...what pretty papers and dies....Joolsx