Saturday, 3 January 2015

2015

Firstly, all the very best wishes for a happy, healthy and successful year 2015 to all of you.


I used the last few days to create some more handcrafted decorations for the festive season. And although I am happy with the results, they turned out to be pretty time consuming and I wondered more than once why I started them in the first place.

To cut the Christmas tree itself the cardstock for each element had to run through the Cuttlebug five to six times before all sections were cut properly. And then I sat here for ages holding together the Christmas tree elements until the so-called 'quick dry' tacky glue was holding the two parts securely together ...


The die for the baubles cuts two at the same time, but due to decorating the entire tree I needed to run it through the Cuttlebug 16 times per tree. I ordered more 3mm pearls before Christmas, but Royal Mail kindly only delivered mail on Monday this week and they are consequently not yet here. The only other sufficient amount of pearls from the same manufacturers that I had here comes on strips - and yes, I ended up removing every single one of the pearls from the adhesive strip, which took ages. As I want to keep the decorations for future years, I wanted to use a tiny drop of PVA glue for a stronger bond under each pearl anyway. I will make more of these trees ... but that can wait for another couple of months.

The ingredients for these intricate Christmas trees:
* Spellbinders 3D Christmas tree die set
* Double-sided pearlescent cardstock (I used Moondust card in 'Crystal')
* Foundations cardstock in vintage gold and vintage silver
* 5mm pearls
* 3mm pearls
* PVA glue

9 comments:

ALI said...

These are beautiful, they look so delicate.

Anonymous said...

Happy 2015 to you too xx

The trees are amazing; you must be very patient! Deffo well worth making :-)

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

What beautiful trees....well worth the time to put them together...Joolsx

Sharon said...

Ooo they are beautiful! x

Angela said...

Gorgeous work, they look amazing.

MissyG said...

These look fabulous well worth all that effort
Linda x

Carol S. said...

wow!!! Such patience. Well worth is though as they look stunning. Happy New Year to you too. hugs, Carol S.xx

Carol S. said...

wow!!! Such patience. Well worth is though as they look stunning. Happy New Year to you too. hugs, Carol S.xx

Dannii said...

Gorgeous decorations, they are stunning! What a fabulous and clever idea.
Happy New Year, all the best for 2015 x