Sunday, 11 January 2015

Trimcraft Template for Ribbon Boxes


This week Trimcraft have posted a fantastic free template for ribbon boxes on their forum. It is designed for eight small reels of ribbon. And each box can be created from an A4 sheet of cardstock.

Here is my take on these organiser boxes. I have made a few, as I have had already boxes for larger reels but nothing for the small ones that were consequently just piling up in my craft room. Now they are all stored nicely and so much easier to use.

I kept the decorations on top of the lids deliberately flat, as this will allow me to keep the boxes on top of each other.

The 'ingredients' for the boxes:

* Free Trimcraft template
* Kraft cardstock
* Black textured cardstock
* First Edition border dies
* First Edition doily dies
* First Edition window dies
* First Edition tea party dies
* Crop-a-dile for punching the holes
* Quick drying PVA glue
* Toolbox essentials

7 comments:

martina's kaartjes said...

what a clever and pretty idea ! thanks for sharing
greetings martina
x

Anonymous said...

What a great idea :-)

ALI said...

great idea, are your ribbons on spools?

Heike said...

Hi Ali! The boxes are designed for the small cardboard reels of ribbons like you can get them from Dovecraft/Trimcraft. I have also seen them from other manufacturers.

Carol S. said...

Brilliant idea and love the decoration on your boxes. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Brilliant project....mine are mixed up in a box...Love how you made them yours...Joolsx

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a brilliant idea. I love how you have decorated them. Hugs Jackie