
Cardboard storage boxes are inexpensive and useful, but most of them do not actually look that good. So I thought that Deco Mache decoupage papers by Trimcraft in combination with some other craft products could make a real difference.
I like the shape and size of the long Tjena boxes from IKEA - and as they are available in white, it is not even necessary to prime them with a light colour before applying Deco Mache papers. I opted to improve this one with Deco Mache papers in contrasting colours and to embellish it then with a Santoro Mirabelle decoupage image and die-cuts created with Santoro's Willow dies and First Edition alphabet dies. I deliberately concentrated on the lid, as I intend to keep the box in a drawer with a frosted glass front. And pretty boxes behind the glass just look better than a wild collection of items.
A product list and step-by-step instructions for this project are again available in my Trimcraft gallery.
I think I will make a few more of these boxes over the next months. They are an attractive way of keeping drawers with glass fronts or open cupboards/shelves organised. And now that I need a lot less cards for my personal use it is also nice to have some other craft projects lined up.
2 comments:
Pretty boxes and love the design. Hugs, Carol S.xx
Great way to spruce up those dull boxes! :-)
Post a Comment