Sunday, 4 October 2015

Mini cards with felt die-cuts


Today I would like to share two more mini cards with you. This time I used products from the Dovecraft Christmas Basics collection. The focal points of both cards are die-cut embellishments created from felt.

I must admit that I was initially unsure how die-cutting felt would work, but I should not have worried. With the Dovecraft felt and Christmas dies it worked just fine. I would just recommend to ease the felt carefully out of the dies in case there is a fibre that needs to be cut (and that is better than tearing a fibre and potentially the die-cut). Due to the pressure from the diecutting machine the edges are even finished nicely. By the way, I used a Cuttlebug with a pretty worn out cutting plate.


Product lists and step-by-step instructions for both projects are again prepared and can be found in my Trimcraft gallery.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards Heike. Absolutely love the felt flower- that red is absolutely perfect, need to get some for my stash!
Cathy x

Anonymous said...

lovely cards :-)

Carol S. said...

I missed these 2 gorgeous cards as I was away. Love them especially the tag one. Hugs, Carol S.xx