
You might find it hard to believe, but up until now I have never made a Halloween themed card. But now and again stepping out of our comfort zone is good for us crafters and so I took on the challenge to work with Halloween images by Crafty Stamps.
I did not want to go too much into the scary direction and was more looking for a bit of a fun element. What about a cat that is freaked out by green light coming from a pumpkin? I created the Halloween scene in this card with the cat stamp HW102HF and the Halloween minis set HW1C6.A black Letraset fineliner came in handy for completing the scene, which is coloured in using Spectrum Noir pens. I added sparkly highlights with a Sakura gelly roll pen ' 'Clear Star'.
Further products I used include an Embossalicious embossing folder by Crafter's Companion and a Gothic Border geared punch by Tonic Studios as well as adhesive pearls from the Santa's Workshop range by Trimcraft.
10 comments:
great card - I don't like the spider tho' - too realistic!
this is a fun card :D
Wow what a fantastic halloween card, I love the stamp set, and your layout looks fabulous xx
I love a bit of Halloween, Heike, it's nice to make projects that are quite different to the rest of the year. Love what you've done with this card!
Heike brilliant Halloween Card love the image and the spider very realistic. Love Alison xx
fabulous card ..just hopping by :) x
Fantastic card Heike. I've never made a halloween card either but have done a couple of atc's for a hosted swap last year. This is definately my kind of halloween, I don't do scary lol!
Anne x
I dont make halloween cards either but yours is fab, great colours and love that punched edge
fantastic image love the orange,embossing great spider
carol x
Love this card - I too have never made a Halloween card - this one is great
Linda x
Post a Comment