Saturday, 17 May 2014

Animal Kingdom


This is already the end of another busy week - and thankfully the weekend. A training course on Thursday was also a good reminder that I really need to share some projects from the last days with you ...

Let's start with a post dedicated to the new animal stamps by Crafty Stamps. For these two cards I opted deliberately for a more tone-in-tone plus black approach. The beautiful animal images deserve to be the stars of the cards.

The components for the puffin card are:

* Crafty Stamps puffin rubber stamp (AN141F)
* White 15cm square linen textured card blank by Southfield
* Black textured cardstock
* Foundations cardstock in peach
* Neenah card
* Circle dies
* Sue Wilson die sets Basic Frames Set A and Napa Valley from the Californian Collection (I prepared two of the shapes, cut them in half and aligned them with the edges of the card blank)
* Sue Wilson die sets Faux Quilled Blooms and Classic Rose from the Finishing Touches Collection
* Black adhesive pearls
* Black Memento ink pad
* ProMarkers
* Adhesive
* Die-cutting machine
* Toolbox basics


For the zebra card I used:

* Crafty Stamps zebra rubber stamp (AN157M)
* White 15cm square linen textured card blank by Southfield
* Black and grey textured cardstock
* Neenah card
* Sue Wilson corner, border and tag die set from the Spanish collection
* Leaf embossing folder by Crafts-Too
* Black Memento ink pad
* Letraset fineliner 0.1
* Alcohol markers
* Adhesive
* Die-cutting machine
* Toolbox basics

The Edinburgh craft shop 'Stampers Grove' is the home of Crafty Stamps. The stamps are availabe online, in the shop and also at the Sincerely Yours show at the Royal Highland Centre in Ingliston (Edinburgh) on 25 May 2014.

15 comments:

Vic said...

Both fab cards... could be great cards for men!!! (love the puffin!) (Just hopping from DC) xx

Carol S. said...

Love black and white cards. Always very striking and these two are stunning. Great images and very useful Happy Sunday. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Alizabethy said...

A couple of stunning cards!

Sarah G said...

Beautiful cards and some pretty dies.
hoppity x

Lorna said...

Two gorgeous cards, love the images and designs

Lorna xx

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Two Stunning cards....love the design on the puffin one...Joolsx

ALI said...

Both beautiful cards and both well coloured.

Unknown said...

Hi Heike, two brilliant cards. Love the contrast in the colour schemes, and that puffin stamp is fabulous. So unusual. Maddy x

sandy's crafty bits said...

two super cards heike ... love them both yes I love the puffin one bestest too ... hope you have a great week ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

Angela said...

Two beautiful cards and I love the colour scheme you have chosen for each one.

Donna Mosley said...

Great cards Heike, love the gorgeous images and fab details.

Donna x

Jackie T said...

Both cards are gorgeous. I love the puffin and the zebra they are both so detailed. Hugs Jackie

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful cards I love the images (love zebras)but the layout on the first card is my fave love the dies
carol x

SandraCraftyCardz said...

Couple of great cards. Hopping on by from DC xx

Dips said...

So striking, Heike, I love your colour combos and these stamps are gorgeous.