Monday, 26 May 2014

Rockhopper Penguin


The weather is absolutely crazy here. Yesterday we had more than enough torrential downpours, water standing in the streets and even an evacuation of Edinburgh Zoo. I had to revert to wellies for my trip to the Sincerely Yours show, which was very busy despite the awful weather. Crafters just are a tough bunch and always venture out when craty treats are calling :).

And it was not much better today. At some point the rhones just could not take the amount of water anymore (and they were only cleaned recently) and the water just shot over them like a waterfall.

The above card, which features a rockhopper penguin, had its 'premiere' as sample for Crafty Stamps and Stampers Grove at yesterday's Sincerely Yours show in Edinburgh. I was tempted to add a few more layers. But I am conscious that not everybody wants to create cards influenced by Sue Wilson's style, so I opted for a slightly simplified layout to show that this is also possible with her dies.

Product list:
* Crafty Stamps image 'Rockhopper' (AN143B)
* Sue Wilson decorative frames dies from the Italian collection
* Sue Wilson corner, border and tag die set from the Italian collection
* 15cm square white linen textured cardstock by Southfield
* Foundations card in 'Periwinkle'
* White linen textured cardstock by Southfield
* Neenah card
* Wooden shapes
* Household string
* Decorative pins
* Adhesive pearls
* Black Memento ink pad
* ProMarkers
* Adhesive
* Die-cutting machine
* Toolbox essentials

6 comments:

Sarah G said...

Pretty card
I like the die cuts used
hoppity x

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Hi Hekie,Brilliant card...love the image and the design and the colour is just right...Joolsx

Alizabethy said...

What a great card - more dies and stamps to add to my wish list!

crafty-stamper said...

Love the penguin image beautiful die-cuts and love the fish carol (late hopping) x

Carol S. said...

I love the Rockhoppers, I recently saw some programs on Penguins and they were featured on there. Great card and love the whole design. Hugs, Carol S.xx

ALI said...

Great design and dies,