
The main season for Burns Nights might lie behind us, but Rabbie Burns is always a good choice for Scottish cards. And Rabbie Burns images are also brilliant for the often so tricky male cards.
I created the card above with the Rabbie Burns stamp SC125HF by Crafty Stamps, a cling-mounted rubber stamp. The image is coloured in using Spectrum Noir pens.
The book is created using a QuicKutz die. Marianne Design dies took care of the tree and the fence. For the background I used a vintage word background stamp by Heartfelt Creations (sorry, it is not a poem by Rabbie Burns), which I used with a VersaFine ink pad in 'Vintage Sepia' on parchment paper by Crafter's Companion. For the ageing look around the edges I used a 'tea dye' distress ink pad.
24 comments:
Lovely card Heike and you're right, it'll be great for a male card. Like the "handwriting" background. Helen x
Lovely card Heike and you're right, it'll be great for a male card. Like the "handwriting" background. Helen x
great card sue xx
Lovely card, well done.
Maureen........x
wow super card love the little design ... love the script background ... is it a stamp or papers ... just doing a bit of blog hopping happy crafting and love sandy xx
Aww this is great :-) Elaine-xxx-
Fab Burns night card. Gorgeous x
Fab male card, love that Marianne tree die cut. Maddy x
'sandy's crafty bits said...
wow super card love the little design ... love the script background ... is it a stamp or papers ... just doing a bit of blog hopping happy crafting and love sandy xx'
Thanks for your lovely comment Sandy. I used a stamp by Heartfelt Creations for the script background.
Great card for a man. xxxx
Lovely patriotic card! Lea xx
Beautiful card!
greetings
Monique
A very smart card, I do like the colours and script.
fab male card -Linda
great male card :)
Fab Card Heike, so well put together,a great male card.
Betty x x
Hi Heike, love the image and fab design. The tree & fence look great and your colouring is so lovely.
Donna x
great male card ! love the sketch
greetings, and thanks for visiting my blog
martina
x
This is an unusual theme, very nice card, do like the embellishments too. Hopped over from DC
Great card. Love the stamped background xx
Great cards Heike, thanks for leaving me your comments, I really appreciate them. Michelle x
Fab card, love the background and the tree. Tinaxx
Fantastic card, I think it would do for male or female recipient.
Anne x
Love the background script - gorgeous. Jx
Post a Comment