
Here are now two more Celtic cards.
Do you remember the Cletic knot stamp that I used for yesterday's card? For the card above I used again the Celtic knot CT133Q by Crafty Stamps, but this time I cut the image into pieces. I stamped the image and cut it then into quarters using a metal ruler and a craft knife. I avoided cutting through the entire cardstock surrounding the image, so that the pieces stayed together and to make it easier to cut equal sections. Then I cut the newly created corner pieces out and coloured the lines with ProMarkers in 'Mustard' and 'Honeycomb'.
For the background I used a piece of Gemstones cardstock that I ran through a Darice embossing folder. The embossing folder is roughly A6 and therefore narrower than the square card blank, but by centering it I could work around that.

For the second card I used the Celtic knot stamp CT107D by Crafty Stamps and gave the card a floral touch. A Crealies Creative Flowers die CL CF 05, Heartfelt Creations Perfect Petals dies and Heartfelt Creations Elegant Single Leaves stamp set took care of the flowers and leaves. For the centre of the flowers I used a Paper Pen, but Liquid Pearls will do the same job.
This time I used ProMarkers in 'Soft Peach', 'Peach', Pastel Beige', 'Umber' and 'Ice Grey 1' (for a bit of shading) to colour in the Celtic knot. For the border strip I used a Tonic Studios Celtic Border Simplicity Pattern Punch.
I hope you like these cards and will keep an eye out for the next Scottish and Celtic cards, which will follow very soon.
10 comments:
More gorgeous cards Heike. Love your idea of cutting a large image into 4 to make corner pieces ... neat!!! Helen x
Another stunner Heike, love the colours. hugs Heidi xx
Gorgeous cards!!
Anne x
Heiki, these cards are gorgeous. I love your techniques and diversity of style x
I'm sorry to see that you are no longer in the LC DT and I wish you all the best with your future work xx
Lovely cards Heike, gorgeous colours and designs :o) Lisa x
Two very beautiful cards Heike, love the scrummy colours & details.
Donna x
Fantastic card - love the different ways of using the knot stamp - gorgeous. Jx
gorgous cards sue xx
what a great idea, those celtic corners look great!
beautiful cards love your ideas :)
Post a Comment