A recent blog post by the lovely and talented Louise provided me with inspiration for some crafty playtime and experimenting with a more simplistic style. It is just always so tempting to try something different.

For my take on the technique, for which I did not follow the one-layer principle, I used:
- Thistle stamp SC113HF by Crafty Stamps
- Sentiment stamp
- Textured cardstock in white, light purple and dark purple
- Neenah card
- Dovecraft adhesive gemstones
- Heart cutting dies
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink in 'milled lavender' and 'dusty concord'
- Black VersaFine ink pad
- Adhesive (incl. low tack masking tape)
- Stipple brushes
- Sticky notes and pencil
- Toolbox essentials
This is how I created the main section of the card:
Initially I used a sticky note, drew a pencil line along the inside of the heart cutting die and cut the heart shape out to create a mask. In the next step I stencilled the heart in 'milled lavender' onto the piece of Neenah card with the heart die held in place by small pieces of low tack masking tape. Then I masked this heart after a short drying time, re-positioned the heart cutting die and applied the 'dusty concord' distress ink. Eventually I stamped the thistles in black ink, so that they overlapped both hearts.
19 comments:
Beautiful -those colours work so well with the thistle!
Hi Heike, this is so gorgeous. I love how you've masked the hearts and the thistle stamp is so lovely. A gorgeous card hun.
Donna x
Very pretty design :D Hopped over from DC
Gorgeous card. Love the colours x
Beautiful Heike I look forward to seeing more of your Scottish and Celtic cards xx
Very special, just love it :-) Just leapblogging! Elaine-xxx-
beautiful card x
Beautiful card, love the colours. Tinaxx
What a gorgeous card! xx
wow happy sundays ... what a super card .. love the scottish image just doing a bit of blog hopping ... happy crafting and love sandy xx
This is beautiful. I love the colours and the elegance. The hearts are terrific. x
Gorgeous card,fab image and colours
Lorna xx (blog hopping from DC )
Stunning....just beautiful....Big hugs Sharon x
Great card, great stamping. Michelle x
Great card, I love the colours. Gail x
I'm a new blogger and i've hopped over from Docrafts. I love your card...it's really elegant.
Caron xx
This is really lovely and so unique. I love the thistle and the colours remind me of heather.
Sandra x
Beautiful. I love this card.
Beautifully simple yet effective card. Love it! Helen x
Post a Comment