
This weekend I had a play with the Edinburgh Castle stamp by Crafty Stamps, which is also available from their shop Stampers Grove. I just love this image of this important Scottish landmark, which is so full of history.
For the card above I stamped the image with Tim Holtz distress ink in 'walnut stain' onto parchment paper and give it a light colour wash with Tim Holtz distress markers in 'frayed burlap', 'antique linen' and 'walnut stain' as well as with a bit of ink from an 'antique linen' distress ink pad that I applied with a damp paint brush in the area of the buildings.
For the background I used textured cardstock from the Tim Holtz & Ranger Distress Collection by Core'dinations in combination with a Darice plaid embossing folder and a fleur-de-lys corner punch by Tonic Studios.
The card is embellished with paper flowers that I ran around a distress ink pad in 'walnut stain', Adirondack Dimension Pearls in 'Espresso, a Tim Holtz adage ticket and leaf die-cuts, which I created with Crealies dies.

For the second card I used parchment paper, textured cardstock in two brown tones and kraft cardstock. I stamped the castle image in 'walnut stain' distress ink and highlighted parts of the walls with a distress marker in 'walnut stain'.
Embellishments are Celtic borders created with a Tonic Studios geared punch and card candi from a 'Choc-a-Mocha' pack.
15 comments:
Fabulous Edinburgh Castle stamp, great card too. Michelle x
Fab card, love the image. Tinaxx
Amazing cards, just brilliant. x
Love the flowers fab colours
Linda
2 great cards x
Fantastic cards, love the castle stamp, you've given me a reason/excuse for a trip in to Edinburgh. I've not been in the shop since it changed hands.
Anne x
two fantastic cards great image lovely colours and fab layouts xx
Brilliant card, great image and the embellishments all go so well together.
Great stamp and I love the flowers. xxxx
both cards are lovely the first one is my favourite love the flowers xx
wow two super cards ... isnt it great how you can do something totally different but with the same stamp ... love your design ... love the little flower on the first one too ... just catching up on my blog hopping bit busy yesterday ... thank you for visiting me toooo ... happy crafting and love sandy xx
I really like this card, such nice patterns on the backing and I do like the floral topper :D
Amazing card Heike - gorgous image and the colours suit it perfectly. Thank you so much for my Blog award - so kind of you and I am extremely grateful - am having a difficult time at the mo' and just haven't had chance to pass it on. Jxx
Great card. Chris xx
Am loving this one, brought back happy but cold memories of my trip to Edinburgh 16 years ago. Hugs Lisa x
Post a Comment