Thursday, 5 July 2012

And the Garden Party continues ...

... but only indoors and solely on the crafting front. The month of June was so cold and wet that it ended up being a complete write-off. And July does not seem to be much better - another severe weather warning for rain is already in place. It does not feel like summer at all.

On a more positive note, the bad weather means that I spend more time indoors and crafting. So it is not all bad. And the new Garden Party products by Dovecraft are so nice to work with that they really cheer me up despite the weather being so awful.

And here is an A5 card that I finished last night:



A product list and step-by-step instructions are in my Trimcraft gallery, but here is a bit more information for those who would like to know a bit more about the products I used.
  • I found the lace on Joanna Sheen's website.
  • The leaves are coloured in using a Tim Holtz distress ink pad in 'frayed burlap'. I applied the ink with Cut-n-Dry foam.
  • The swirl die is by Marianne Designs.
  • I had the sentiment tag in my stash.
  • My chosen adhesive was again Pinflair glue gel.

20 comments:

julie_woolston said...

Hello Heike this is so beautiful, gorgeous colours and detail.

Hugs Julie x

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Heike, I love the design and the colours are so beautiful

Hus Sue

Lorna said...

Beautiful card, lovely colours and detail

have a lovely weekend

Lorna xx

sandy's crafty bits said...

OO super little card Heike ... love the design and love the little addition of lace ... just doing a bit of blog hopping ... thank you so much for visiting me and leaving such lovely comments ... happy crafting ... have a great weekend love sandy xx

Dips said...

Lovely card, Heike, you've bought summer to your craft room even if there's no sun outside.

Wendy L said...

Lovely card. Love your little tag. xxx

crafty-stamper said...

beautiful card love all the details
carol x

Alizabethy said...

Wow - such a pretty card!

Caroline said...

Gorgeous card love the flower and leaves and the design is fabulous. Caroline xxx

annesyme said...

Gorgeous card and I love the window card below it's beautiful!!
Anne x

Anonymous said...

beautiful card Heike flowers are stunning fab layout have a good weekend , fingers crossed for the sun x

Dawn said...

stunning card, love the flowers. xxx

Viv said...

Super card :) Viv xx

sparklingblackrose said...

I love this, its gorgeous! Happy leapblogging! Elaine-xxx- p.s I would love if you could pop by and get involved in my new challenge here http://sparklingblackrose-craftmylife.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/exciting-new-challenge-for-all-my.html

sue said...

beautiful card sue xx

DI said...

Lovely card

Michelle Webb said...

Heike, I know what you mean with all the rain, it's rubbish isn't it. Your card is wonderful, love the flowers and the colour combination. Michelle x

Anonymous said...

Love the flowers and papers used on this

maggie said...

wow love this design :)

Betty said...

Beautiful love your design. x x