
As much as I love crafts, the reason for this card is just so sad that I would have preferred not to make it in the first place. What can you say to a mother, who unexpectedly and suddenly lost her daughter? And that at an age where everybody should still have most of their life to look forward to.
I did not want to make a standard sympathy card. I wanted the card and our words to show that we care and are thinking of her, but also wanted to start building a bridge from the current pain to treasured memories. My intention was to create a card that can become a keepsake after a while. So many things connected with her daughter, photos and possessions must be so precious now.
It took me a few days to finalise the card. I think initially I just needed to get over the emotional impact of the news. But even after deciding on the Santoro Mirabelle collection by Trimcraft due to its stunning products and muted colours it still took a while to work out the layout. I just wanted to get this card right.
For the front of the card I used:
- Santoro Mirabelle A4 premium paper pad
- Santoro Mirabelle glitter decoupage pad
- Santoro Mirabelle metal charms - butterflies
- Santoro Mirabelle metal charms - medallions
- Santoro Mirabelle metal buttons
- Santoro Mirabelle adhesive pearls
- 8" square kraft card blank
- Black cardstock
- Black spider web net
- Clarity word stamp
- Black Versafine ink pad
- Adhesive
- Toolbox basics
For the insert I chose an extract from the lyrics to the song 'Book of Golden Stories' by Runrig accompanied by our own words. The extract from the lyrics reads:
'Yes, as long as I can see the morning
And blossom comes to bud again in spring
It's enough to keep me still believing
Your memory is everything'
It was somehow heartbreaking to make this card, but I am pleased with the end result and hope that she will be able to appreciate it once the pain of the loss has ebbed down a wee bit.
15 comments:
such a beautiful card and its so nice to make it a memories one rather than sympathy as at such a sad time its the memories they need to hold on to and support for themselves. Many find it very hard to accept sympathy, when really they just need that shoulder to cry on or lean on and i'm sure you will be there.
I love the beautiful verse you have chosen too, its evident straight away how hard that must have ben to make. I'm sure they will feel your love and heartfelt sorrow as read the card. I know i would if it were me!
Also a very hard time for you to have to make such a card, but you have bought that together so beautifully. Take care xx
Heike it is beautiful and I'm sure in time she will treasure it.
A stunning card Heike. The words say it all. So sad. Our children should never leave this world before their parents. Hugs, Carol S.xx
A simply beautiful card - perfect for the sad occassion. the snetiment inside brought a tear to my eye. beautiful again. (just blog hopping from dc - bandbc ) Vic x
It is such a beautiful card appropriate for such a sad occasion. I can understand why it was hard to make. Hugs Jackie
A beautiful card for such a sad occasion. Your verse is also beautiful.
Stunningly beautiful creation, love the way you have designed this under the circumstances, I think you made it with a lot of love and thought...sad loss...xx ♥aNNie The Journey is the Start
Such a beautiful card and verse for such a sad time....Joolsx
these cards are always hard to make, but I feel you have made a really lovely one
It is a beautiful card albeit not good circumstances, xxx
A beautiful card & sentiment. You have got it just right for these most difficult of cards. Linda :)
A beautiful card. An understandably difficult one to make.
A very difficult card to make but a very beautiful one and a very beautiful verse-late hopping
Carol x
Heike, you've made a beautiful, thoughtful keepsake at such a difficult time. I hope your friend will feel your love and support through it.
lovely card, and good to see inspiration for xmas
Post a Comment