
This weekend I really wanted to have a play with my Tonic Studios delicate lattice dies. I have had them for about two weeks but not sufficient time to try them out. The large dies work well with the oval Spellbinders dies. And the space in the centre seemed to be just perfect for super cute images of Scottish teddies.
For the teddies I used the rubber stamps SC167F (Teddy) and SC4S (Westie and Teddy Set) by Crafty Stamps. I stamped the small teddy first. Then I created a mask of the small teddy from sticky notes, covered the small teddy and finally stamped the larger teddy. As colouring medium I referred back to my trusted ProMarkers, as the ultra-fine nibs are just perfect for small sections of stamped impressions. I mounted the image onto metallic DCWV cardstock from my stash and then the pearlescent delicate lattice die-cut.
For the background I decided on pearlescent Moondust cardstock in 'Crystal' from Southfield embossed with an Embossalicious folder by Crafter's Companion and mounted onto beige pearlescent cardstock. The card blank is 15cm square and linen textured from Southfield. Embellishments are paper roses from Wild Orchid Crafts and Trimcraft (I used packs from the Lillibet and Santa's Workshop collections). The small dies from the Tonic set and the metallic cardstock took care of additional accents amongst the flowers.
12 comments:
Gorgeous card...just love the cute image and the lattice die...Joolsx
Fab card, love those teddies and that die is lovely and great that it will work with the spellbinder dies.
Gorgeous card, Heike, and you'd know I'd love the Tonic Lattice Dies! Hope you're having a great weekend, happy hopping.
cute wee teddies - fab card
Linda x
stunning card x
cute image and love the gorgeous die-
carol x
What a super cute card - love those teddies!
Gorgeous card Heike have not been brave enough to do masking but am determined to try. Love Alison xx
Gorgeous card Heike love the colour combo and the gorgeous die.
Hugs Julie xxx
gorgeous image Heike, beautiful colour tones, Fi xx
Gorgeous work, the dies do work really well together, love the image x
This Is gorgeous,love that you have put the bears together x
Post a Comment