Sunday, 18 August 2013

Scottish Wedding


This weekend has been dominated by the Edinburgh Book Festival, but I finally find the time to share a Scottish style wedding card with you that I made this week.

The image is the small Scottish wedding couple WD162M by Crafty Stamps, which I coloured in using ProMarkers, a FlexMarker in 'Soft Mauve' as well as a Sakura gelly roll pen in 'Clear Star' for some accents. For the background I used white linen textured cardstock from Southfield and the Marianne Design die set LR0242. But I decided against a completely white-on-white card and mounted the die-cuts onto lilac textured cardstock, which also frames the stamped image. I opted for a 15cm square linen textured card blank.

As embellishments I opted for white adhesive pearls, white paper roses, a decorative pin and in line with the Scottish theme also white heather and thistles.

Rubber stamps by Crafty Stamps are available from their shop Stampers Grove in Edinburgh, the Crafty Stamps and Stampers Grove websites and at the Ross Papercraft Show at the Meadowbank Stadium in Edinburgh on 5 October 2013.

18 comments:

ALI said...

Fab card, love the dies you have used. Hope you enjoyed your book festival.

Jewelsmae said...

Very elegant card suits the theme so well.

sue said...

great card sue xx

Anonymous said...

lovely card, such nice detailed die used

Dips said...

Lovely card, Heike, you show case these stamps so very well.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card love the dies you used, and the image. Thank you for following me on my new blog. Love Alison xx

MissyG said...

Super card
Linda x

scrappysharon said...

Love the card....colours are beautiful...Sharon x

crafty-stamper said...

very elegant card love the dies
Carol DC hop x

Louise said...

It's lovely Heiki x

Anonymous said...

stunning card xx

julie_woolston said...

What a really beautiful card, love the dies and the gorgeous image.

Hugs Julie xxx

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

What a gorgeous card....love the image...Joolsx

sandy's crafty bits said...

wow super card ... love the colours well done ... thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving such lovely comments ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

Unknown said...

This is very pretty! I love the way you finished the corners with the pearls :)


Best crafty wishes!
Amber
Staying Crafty

Lorna said...

Hi thank you for visiting my blog and your lovely comment
Fabulous card love the colours and image, lovely detail too

Lorna xx

Cathy Glitter Happy said...

I love it and the colours are great thank you for your kind comments and your visit to my blog x

rosie said...

gorgeous. love the corner dies and pearls x