But as soon as I was home and started to put my feet up with a nice cold drink the sky seemed to literally cave in. It is difficult to digest that our family got hit by two tragic losses at both ends of the age spectrum on Saturday - one expected and limiting suffering but still extremely sad, the other one completely out of the blue.
I have been feeling sad and tearful all day, but instead of tossing and turning in bed I might as well still get a bit of work done and catch up with my blog.

Visitors at the Ross Papercraft Show could see these two cards amongst the sample cards at the Stampers Grove stand.
For the Jacobite card I used the Crafty Stamps images 'Jacobite Warrior' (SC165N) and 'Arthurs Seat' (SC159M). I combined it with paper roses by Wild Orchid Crafts, thistles from Stampers Grove (the home of Crafty Stamps) and an embossing folder from Sheena Douglass' Indian collection.

The second card is created using Crafty Stamps' rockhopper penguin (AN143B). It is based on a Dovecraft 5" x 7" card blank that I transformed with the help of Sue Wilson's background die from the Californian collection. The Sue Wilon die and the wooden shapes on this card are also from Stampers Grove.
Both images are stamped with VersaFine ink pads and coloured in using Derwent Coloursoft pencils and Derwent blender pens.
3 comments:
Oh Heike I am so sorry to hear of your sad news, sending big hugs.
Your cards are absolutely gorgeous, love the fabulous images and fine detail.
Hugs Julie xxxx
Two beautiful cards....Love both of the images and your lovely design///
Thanking of you on your sad new and sending you hugs.....Joolsx
Heike, I am so sorry for your losses and my heart goes out to you. Particularly love the Rockhopper card. We watched a series on TV about different penguins and these were our favourites. Take care. Hugs, Carol S.xx
Post a Comment